What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

guess what this is...

I'd say Lowii X muluensis (gunung mulu) because of the greenish yellowish spots at the top. Muluensis from gunung murud don't have the speckled top!

its morning in sirlanka, now give us some hints!
laugh.gif

Gus,
I guessed that already and he shot it down
tounge.gif

Regards,

Joe

N. villosa dad and N. tentaculata for the mum.
smile.gif

I agree with Griffin with lowii x tentaculata.

N. lowii is definitely in there as the mother.  It's obvious with the characteristic needle growth on the underside of the pitcher lid.  As for the father, I'm left with either tentaculata or hamata for the hairy lids.  I think the former would be more probable, due to the lack of any great toothing on the compactly ridged peristome (also keeping distribution in mind).  My 2 cents.

Ok I'm changing my guess.
smile.gif
I'm saying N. lowii x tentaculata also....I just got a big hint in the photos.

Hi,

I couldn't get on-line on Sunday. Anyway, i think Trent was first with the correct guess, and then some others. It's N. lowii x tentaculata from Gng. Trus Madi in Sabah. We had 2 plants come up from seed of N. lowii a long time ago as well as some crosses with N. macrophylla which are rather nice!
smile.gif

Thanks everyone for participating. If you like this sort of thing, I have others...

Well, Rob as you should know, N. macrophylla is one of my favourite neps. I was wondering if you could show us a photo of the Macrophylla hybrids, please?

Thanks

Gus

Back