What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Veitchii

Hi,
I recently discovered a brown color on my N. Veitchii pitcher. The pitcher below is one of my newest pitcher and it's dying off before the older pitchers. What could it be?

123-2332_IMG.JPG

Not sure I see what I am supposed to be seeing...

The upright pitcher in the foreground or the one behind it with the black splotch near the base??

Like I said in the pm, generally N. veitchii pitchers brown when they are quite old. That particular pitcher in the forground, looks like it's been on there quite awhile judging from the leaf and it's proximity to the surface of the soil. I see you have quite a few newer leafes there as well, I wouldn't worry about it unless the newest pitcher coming turns brown. Other than that, looks like classic natural dieback to me.

It's the pitcher in the foreground, Tony.

They don't always die back in order. I have one leaf that still hasn't died back on my N. ventricosa and it's been their for over a year and no leaves around it are still alive. It's very weird.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Darcie @ Mar. 21 2004,11:46)]They don't always die back in order.  
That's true..

Hard to say.. maybe it was exposed to a drop in humidity for a bit or something

what did you feed it??? just by looking at the picture it looks like it was fed something that didn't agree with it.

a cricket and I fed it a couple of months ago.

Back