Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changing R/O filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically, I use the raw feed line and take the sediment and carbon filters out of the lineup and put the raw feed in backwards. I run it a minute until the dirty stream looks a little better. Then I put the raw feed back to the way it should be and flush again. i repeat this process until i get clear water when hooked up in proper sequence. It is important not to feed any chlorinated tap water into the membrane filter. Obviously, I run just the sediment and carbon for several minutes before hooking them back up to the membrane filter. This is hard to explain, but very simple to do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trent, So basically you take the RO apart and hook it back up backwards to flush it?

I've ordered all new cartrdges (sediment, carbon and membrane) the combined total was just slightly less than buying an all new 75 GPD RO unit!
    Do the replacement cartridges generally come with descriptions of how to perform the replacement task? I definately wanna make sure it's put together right and is watertight when I go to turn it back on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres a moronic question

how do you check the pp of your water

maybe my water from the faucet is actually the water i can use to water my plants, but i just dont know it yet!
    Expression = Maneuverability x Coiffure squared

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally I like to keep mine below 10ppm. 1ppm or lower is what I usually get. But I grow most of mine in what would be considered a closed system. Where they are in undrained trays and any minerals (TDS) that are in the water will wind up in the trays and pots. Basically what this means is that every time I water my plants I am adding the minerals that are in that water to the system, and then again the next time I water, eventually the minerals will build up to undesirable levels and I will need to either leach the excess minerals by washing lots of pure water through the pots and down the drain, or repot everything affected into new media. I usually wind up doing the repot into new media exercise, more work [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] but more reliable at producing satisfactory results.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got a TDS meter from eBAy, but I can't figure how to get it to work. There were really no instructions. I am such a moron.

Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123