User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heres my nepenthes, does it look healthy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey dont mind the black spots, they have been there since it was sent to me by mail and havent grown since a few weeks after, now its been winter as you well know, and last 3 leaves haev no pitchers on them:
    1- does that mean their unhealthy or normal for winter?
    2- will pitchers grow on those 3 leaves later or no?
    3- it looks healthy right? so i can expect my next few leaves to have pitchers?
    4- i fed them bugs is it ok if i have to push them down into the pitcher? i mean they are small and fit easily into pitcher but they are those flat grey ones so i have to push them down a little bit because they get stuck is that ok ?
    heres the link
    www.angelfire.com/games3/raw__blood/picture.html
    wow my venus flytrap grew a flower stalk!..... 12 buds so far. how many seeds http://s98622558.onlinehome.us/iB_ht...cons/smile.gif
    many many vft !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bignaturalbrock @ Mar. 27 2004,12:04)]hey dont mind the black spots, they have been there since it was sent to me by mail and havent grown since a few weeks after, now its been winter as you well know, and last 3 leaves haev no pitchers on them:
    1- does that mean their unhealthy or normal for winter?
    2- will pitchers grow on those 3 leaves later or no?
    3- it looks healthy right? so i can expect my next few leaves to have pitchers?
    4- i fed them bugs is it ok if i have to push them down into the pitcher? i mean they are small and fit easily into pitcher but they are those flat grey ones so i have to push them down a little bit because they get stuck is that ok ?
    1. It takes time for a new plant to settle into it's new home before it starts making pitchers. This could be the reason.

2. Maybe .. maybe not. It depends how 'ideal' the growing area is for the plant in question.

3. No clue.. I don't see a plant.
    3b. Maybe.. maybe not (also see answer to 1). Once the plant is settled in, pitcher production will depend on the growing conditions and if they are right for pitcher growth. Healthy leaves are a good start but does not mean it will necessarily make pitchers.

4. Try and find something smaller if it doesn't fit easily. You may damage the traps by forcing them OR may be putting too much food in which will rot the trap.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Mar. 27 2004,12:29)]1. It takes time for a new plant to settle into it's new home before it starts making pitchers. This could be the reason.

2. Maybe .. maybe not. It depends how 'ideal' the growing area is for the plant in question.

3. No clue.. I don't see a plant.
    3b. Maybe.. maybe not (also see answer to 1). Once the plant is settled in, pitcher production will depend on the growing conditions and if they are right for pitcher growth. Healthy leaves are a good start but does not mean it will necessarily make pitchers.

4. Try and find something smaller if it doesn't fit easily. You may damage the traps by forcing them OR may be putting too much food in which will rot the trap.

Tony
    -alright, i am pretty sure i have had new pitchers grow since i got it
    -whats the ideal growing area for an n.madagascar?
    -sorry i edit and now the link is there,
    -what i meant by forcing them is, these bugs are like flat and when they stick their legs out they seem bigger than they are and wont go in, but when i push them in with a toohpick (its not like bending the pitcher or nothing) they fall right in and many more could fit in the pitchers belly, i will try ants in the future, but its still seasonly cold out here
    wow my venus flytrap grew a flower stalk!..... 12 buds so far. how many seeds http://s98622558.onlinehome.us/iB_ht...cons/smile.gif
    many many vft !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone?
    many many vft !

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well when i click on the link it's not showing anything. but i believe your plant is fine. it will take a while for a new pitcher to grow i believe
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just copy and paste to ur browser.
    many many vft !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those black spots under the leaves are most likely nectar glands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Mar. 29 2004,5:47)]those black spots under the leaves are most likely nectar glands
    nectar glands ?!
    what the ?? what are those !? ?!
    many many vft !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast