Caps, you are a lucky so-and-so.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    capslock, your rack is so nice! its so presentable and very well lit, while my neps outside are just,.. there, i have a small green house for em but they are kinda cramed in there, and not that presentable, theres fog all around for huimidity up,.... ill see if i can take a few photos when my mom comes back from guatemala cus she took my cam,

blah! seeing all these pictures makes me want to do more with my plants but i dont know what else to do ;[
    Expression = Maneuverability x Coiffure squared

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sister lives in the San Francisco area, and she is always talking about how much she loves the weather down there (being from Western Washington). I keep telling my wife we should move on down there, but alas, she's not up to the idea. So instead, I build grow chambers in the garage for the highlanders, and dream of building a greenhouse for them someday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...i don't think this would work in Fresno though...
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey capslock, do you think i would have any luck growing a N. aristolochioides
    or N. hamata? I live in the San Ramon Valley so it gets abit warm but during the night it drops into the 50-60 during the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #### , Max! I am envious! REALLY great setups! My surviving nepenthes from the move are starting to come back, they are all finally producing pitcher buds that dont brown and crinkle and rot . Maybe i'll be able to come over and look at your setups? I'd be embarrased to show you my plants, though... Except for my cephalotus which is putting out its first pitcher If i cant go up to your place maybe we could meet at phils and swap nepenthes? (phil is about 30 minutes away, but you're about an hour)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My N. x Ventrata has been a windowsill Nep for two winters in CT and grows great. But it stops pitchering. I have narrow windows, so it is starved for light even in a southern window. Sharing the space with a bunch of orchids can't help.

I had enough space under the orchid light fixture (2 x 48" bulbs) to keep the rest of my Neps there. That might not be any more light than in the window, but my N. ventricosa pitchered right through the winter and the N. khasiana & N. sanguinea are pitchering now. The N. maxima I started from a cutting is getting close and my new N. fusca (Sarawak form) is still adjusting. I expect to try most or all of them in windows next winter because of space issues under the light.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IceDragon,
    You could easily have success with those provided you can give consistent low nighttime temps and enough humidity, especially for the N. aristolochioides. But yes, San Ramon is pretty ideal weather for highlands. I would absolutely NOT try those plants in a windowsill, however. That's the domain of the hardy, cheap neps!

Spec, you can come check 'em out any time! Just let me know. You won't leave empty-handed! We could also swap any time.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast