Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A fairly comprehensive gallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trashcan,

Thanks for taking the time to post all that. It was a very rewarding read! Heck, IMHO, it should be pinned!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it should be pinned too just because of all the beautiful labels! But I am not biased.. noooope not me!

Pat the plants look very happy. I think you misinterpreted what I was saying in email about the N. diatas starting to lengthen between the internodes. I figured I would post here since it might be helpful to others also.

I didn't say, or if I did,.. not mean that it was not getting enough light. But that instead the light was different from growing out in the greenhouse. It is very difficult to replicate indoors with artificial lighting the conditions in a greenhouse out in the sunshine. The plants respond and adjust to any new environment. One effect of less intense light a lengthening of the internodes. This does not necessarily mean it is insufficient. The color on the new pitcher looks very nice. But it should be no surprise that coming from a greenhouse in full sun to an indoor situation underlights that the plants will change their growth pattern. As long as they are healthy, growing larger, and making nice colorful pitchers then there is nothing to worry about.
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony, thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood what you meant. I probably was just disappointed that it was not vining, and looked at what you wrote with a feeling of disappointment, so I read more into it than I should have.

Thank you everyone for the nice words.

Fly-catchers, yep that is an N.campanulata. I grow all of my plants in terrariums. The lowland ones are pretty low maintenance, but the highland ones have to be either on my balcony, or get a bunch of frozen water bottles at night.
    The unlabeled plants are N.truncata, N. campanulata, and N. bellii.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsome looking nepenthes, Pat! I am glad to see the N. muluensis is doing so well. Gotta be one of my favorites too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woah, trashcan, I see what you mean by "comprehensive"... Gorgeous pictures... I'm now as green as some of your nepenthes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do the frozen water bottle thing? Kudos to you. I don't trust myself to do that, and have been angling on getting a frozen bunker for a lower mainatenance way.

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey trashcan, AWsome pictures, i like how you gave a discription for them, heh

my other post about big pitchers relates to your hamata, them pitchers are HUGE@! and the plant is so tiny
    Expression = Maneuverability x Coiffure squared

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12