What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salivating nepenthes pitcher

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
This is a pitcher of my Nepenthes 'ventrata' with nectar running down the trap.
Looks hungry.......copper do you have any extra dogs?

133salivatingnep.jpg

Great coloration! The clone you have looks very different from the one I grew. It looks like the alata is more dominant in yours, very interesting!

How big is the plant it is attached to?

In most pics, only the top half is red...how odd.

Looks hungry though!

trashcan,
This was my first cutting attempt in fall of last year, which worked. The plant that has that pitcher is about 6" high. The original plant I took the cutting from is over 20" tall. I'm not 100% sure it is a ventrata, maybe it is just an alata. I did a search on google under images and saw pictures that looked the same for both plants.

Nflytrap,
The original plant that I took this cutting from only the top half the pitcher are red. I grow it in a south facing sliding glass door, so it is in very bright light, at times direct sunlight, all day.

Here's a picture of their growing conditions which I posted in another thread a day or 2 ago.

133windownep.jpg

While I'm at it. This is what the original plant looked like before I took the cutting and repotted it.
567nepalata.jpg

I think it's correctly labelled. There are some N. xVentrata which will get nice and red but only when they get very bright light for most of the day..

Looks like the right size for a pomeranian, maybe a nice toy poodle.

Great Job! That is a fantastic color.

Back