http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang in there Tommy. I was really getting frustrated with it because it didn't do ANYTHING for such a long time. Once it starts to grow...it grows!

This guy also produced a basal shoot...which has grown very little even though its been around a good while. Maybe it will do the same thing...just suddenly take off.

I have a couple of mice invading my kitchen...HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... a mouse might make a tasty truncata snack. (And NO, I'd never do that!)
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your plant looks great. I'm envious of your live sphagnum. I've got a couple small clums, but they grow realllllly slow.

Anyways, mine seems to do the same thing your's does. It just jumps to bigger sizes by like an inch or more. My newest one jumped from about 8 to 10 in. in two leaves(the last one didn't work because of the cold weather we had in Florida when it was foming, so the pitcher died.). The new pitcher hasn't even opened yet so it might get a bit bigger yet.

hamata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im trying to grow live sphagnum around my neps, dosnt wor, i have it growing in a very small 2.5 gal terarium, its very green but onnce i put it around one of my plants it dosnt seem to grow anymore and it gets lotta sun and its verrry humid inside the greenhouse

once i put it it was very nice then now it loks like there isnt any, just a few green spos, it pisses me off , im so jealous of everyone elses set ups with tere highlands wher it grows everywhere

and PAK my truncata did the exact same thing, hardly did anything now its starting to grow alot faster it seeems, i think its because of the more sunlight im giving to it, which is good heh
    Expression = Maneuverability x Coiffure squared

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice truncata! So when are you going to send it to me? I offered you a drosera spathulata for it i can't wait!
    (inside joke)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol Spec...nooooobody is getting my truncata.

As for live sphagnum...you know how I get it? I line the bottom of all my tanks with plain ol' dead sphagnum like you buy at Lowes in bags. I keep it wet and the tank is under lighting. After a couple of months...VOILA! A carpet of green live sphag. It regenerates. You get a lot because instead of starting with one small clump of live, you have a carpet of dead and the whole carpet starts to grow. I have live moss in all my tanks and thats how it gets there--3-4 inches thick. Its not as robust as what grows in bogs but works real well as a humidifier.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i put lfs on the top of mine but nothing re grows

just a few spots
    Expression = Maneuverability x Coiffure squared

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you keep the sphag really wet Stefano? I pour water into the bottom of the tank and the lights are very strong. It takes some months for it to start to regenerate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast