Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Truncata photo

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stefano...you are referring to lattice. You can find it in garden stores in large "sheets".

Aaron...I think thats a good point. My moss doesn't get so much water from above...all the water is below it, just as it would be in a bog. I just make sure there is water in the bottom of the tank at all times. I have less success with live moss in pots although the more moss there is in the pot, the better it seems to do.

I've found that lining the bottom of my tanks with moss helps keep the humidity up, as well as, in my opinion, helping the tendrils to pitcher when the tendrils rest in the moss. And a side benefit...in the drosera tanks I find beautiful little sundews nestled down in the moss. I've gotten some nice plants that way.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh! thats what its called, i hope it works as a part sun blocker, i still want my neps to get alot of sun cus ive found that my truncata grows faster if in bright sun, but too much sun will burn them, im in fl and this sun is crazy,...
    Expression = Maneuverability x Coiffure squared

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just snapped a few shots about 2 hrs ago

old truncata pitcher

new coming pitcher

whole plant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is an awesome truncata . I recently bought one from cooks . It really hasnt grown at all yet but its nice and green it has about a 3 inch leaf span. It had a small pitcher on it when i got it but it turned brown. I cant wait till it gets big. my problem was its humidity but i just moved it in a 10 gallon tank with really high humidity and perfect temps.
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine grew a leaf then the tendril stopped and a new leaf started almost over night and the other leaf still does nothing now. Leaf growth is picking up but I still have no pitcher. Leaf span is like 4"-5" across. I'm not a patient person.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Stefano,

What is your plant's leafspan and pitcher size? It's obviously a nice size plant from the pictures, but I just gotta know details!

Does anybody else know if the more "upright" leaf growth is a sign of finally reaching near maturity? Looking at mature plants, they seem to have more angled growth than immature rosettes.

SF

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way PAK and Stefano1, those are sharp lookin plants. It's pictures from private growers that keep me in suspense waiting for my plants. Cause its like commercial growers and gardens feel like "my plants aren't gonna look like that" but then I see Joe Schmo with a nice plant and its like OK just wait and it'll get there.

Thanks
    Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (SnowyFalcon @ April 08 2004,4:46)]Hey Stefano,

What is your plant's leafspan and pitcher size? It's obviously a nice size plant from the pictures, but I just gotta know details!

Does anybody else know if the more "upright" leaf growth is a sign of finally reaching near maturity? Looking at mature plants, they seem to have more angled growth than immature rosettes.

SF
    the size of the plant is about 11" and that oldish pitcher is about 5" from the top lid to the bottom

its not that big, dustin has a truncata that i am hungry for lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234