What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nepenthes fertilizers?

I have a few nepenthes and was wondering about giving them fertilizer. I know they are picky about fertilizers . Should i even fertilize them ? I have a orchid plant food that i use for my orchids the formula for it is 19-31-17. I will be heading up to lowes today so i was wondering if i should pick up a better fertilizer what is the proper fertilizer or what do you use? Thanks in advance.

Fertilizers work ok for some people, but I just never use them. just risky and you have to buy it. I'd say just feed your plants, it helps alot and its more fun.

i also use some orchid fertilizer on my nep, (19-31-17)
ahhaahha same stuff probably, do u use shultz orchid fertilizer?
it does good for it, but i agree with D. dude,
its more fun feeding it insects
biggrin.gif

Yeah thats the same stuff.HA ha ha ha ha. its schultz expert orchid food. with a picture of a pink cattleya on it.

yup i use dat
I add a pinch of it into my spray bottle and spray my Nep twice a day.
only a VERY SMALL pinch do i add cuz to much and the plant will OD with minerals and stuff
ahahahaaa
But i enjoy feeding dem the most, watchin tha lil crickets die
to bad i can only feed them once a month

Well to begin lowes is most certainly not the place to be buying a high quality fert.
Try your local hydroponics store, theres one in every town just about.
Dynagrow would pobably be your best bet, 7-9-5.
Just cut the dosage in half or if your really worried in fourths.

Back