Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N. rajah, outdoors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I beleive Superimpose! I've felt days like that in New York (though not often). But we do get several days a summer with both temp and humidity over 90%. I love it! It's the only time of year my nose doesn't run....
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, okay. I will visit Joe sometime and check it out. It's only a 40 minute drive. I know people around here complain about the humidity in the Summer, but when I check the weather on the internet, it's usually 50%. My parents lived in Baton Rouge, Louisiana for a while and I visited one Summer.
    My God! I went fo a walk and I was soaked! It was like walking underwater, except you could breathe!

Now, if you were going to try any of those three, I would recommend the truncata. It is the most accomandating of the three, as merriliana may have humidity flux issues and bical likes it a little shadier. Michael Catalani had a cooling failure a couple of years ago in his greenhouse, and the truncata survived 120 F temps for a day.

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, ha, ha ha!,
    You want heat and humidity in July, try Florida! More the central part-oh, anywhere from Gainesville down to Lake Okeechobee. Over here in southeastern Florida it's a little cooler (he said smugly). Palm Beach County has never had 100 F temps as long as records have been kept (I think our record high was 98 F). Right now we're having southern California temperatures with moderately high humidity. The Nepenthes and Sarracenias are going wild!

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Borneo @ April 15 2004,5:44)]

Joe, you're spot on with the imagery. Only thing wrong is that I can't whistle! I'll have to learn!
    Or you could go to one of those kiddy fairs and win a whisle by getting a ping pong ball in a wine cup Er wait, in sri lanka its a Nepenthes pitcher!

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Griffin,
    I couldn't have said it better. "My God! I went for a walk and I was soaked! It was like walking underwater, except you could breathe!"
    I would quote if I could figure out how. That is exactly what it is. I will take a shower after work and not be able to dry off, the towel is too wet now and I'm already sweating and humidity is insane. My aunt uses a blow dryer and it doesn't work unless your in the airconditioning (de-humidifies). I couldn't tell you why and this don't seem like a place for these conditions but every year since I was born it's been humid as heck in summer.
    Like I said just for your own knowledge check out the weather for here in summer. I tried finding old forcasts or dailies but to no avail.

Field mice would be wise to stay out of Rob's garden

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I will try the truncata here. I'll keep an eye on it and if it don't like it it'll go home to the terrarium.
    Caps, keep us updated on the rajah experiment.
    I won't put out the truncata till late May though

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123