Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A bunch of pictures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great Tom! Are you using those fluorex compact fluorescent fixtures from the home improvement store?

I can see that you are quickly running out of space..

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tom,

very nice plants! Tony, I see some space in there - as long as you can see the white lamp-mesh there is still space for something new. Last week we had a local meeting and although I was sure I had no place and so I didn't wanted to buy a single plant - I came home with a bunch of new 'friends'... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers Joachim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony: Yeah, I'm using 3 of those fluorex compact fluorescent fixtures, along with two 40W twin tube shoplights to brighten up potential dark spots in the chamber. The fluorex fixtures are great...even at 2-3 feet away, new leaves on recently obtained plants almost always have a reddish/maroon tinge to them.

Oh, and I myself noticed that space is getting a little tight...that's why a new chamber is in the works!

Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much are these flourex fixtures?

Thanks,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With those flourex fixtures, how did you wire them? I can only find them with not plug, so I had to try to wire on a plug myself. For some reason, maybe I just was unlucky, none of them worked really well. Also possible I stink as an electrician....
    But if you could detail your process, that would be awsome. Those fixtures are only about $30 at my local home depot (when I can get the ones that don't have broken bulbs).
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tom that looks really awesome! I can't wait til my highland plants are making nice sized pitchers again, my lamps badly need replacing and finally I've got some money so I'll be doing that this weekend. The Aristo x Thor picture is just so inspirational!

Scholaty, what was the problem when you wired them? As long as you put positive to positive and negative to negative and put a twist cap on the connection (little plastic cones that can be twisted down over two connected wires) then you should be fine. Just plug that baby into a timer and let 'er rip! if you're concerned about water getting in there you can cover the cap with electrical tape, but don't just use electrical tape to shield your connections though-get some of those caps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, one other thing on the fluorex lights: most of them have a light sensor on them, to turn on automatically at night. You have to put a piece of tape over the light sensor so it will go on during the day. At least mine were like that. Took me 15 minutes of aggravation to figure out why mine weren't turning on.

I also love these lights. They're cheap, bright, and small.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great plants, and great photos! Well done!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast