What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

....I took a few pictures while I was re-arranging/watering etc., and I thought I would share them....

N. thorelii x aristolochioides
aristo%20x.JPG

N. bellii
bellii.JPG

N. bicalcarata
bicalc.JPG

N. campanulata

campanulata.JPG

N. hamata (next to N. spathulata x spectabilis)
hamata%20spath2.JPG

N. lowii
lowii.JPG

very nice
they look really happy
keep up the good care
biggrin.gif

...a few more.....

N. macfarlanei x (tobiaca x thorelii)
mcfar%20x.JPG

N. muluensis...this plant was obtained approx. 8 months ago as a tiny, 1 inch plant from tissue culture.  It took a bit of time to settle in, but is now producing pitchers quite frequently and currently measures approx.  3 inches in diameter
muluensis.JPG

N. ventricosa 'squat' x (spectabilis x northiana)
north%20x.JPG

N. ovata
ovata.JPG

N. sibuyanensis
sibu.JPG

...last ones...

N. tentaculata (upper pitcher)
tentaculata.JPG

A tendril of N. veitchii x lowii clearly showing veitchii influence in the way it is wrapping around its pot...quite similar to pictures I've seen of veitchii leaves hugging neighboring tree trunks.

tendril.JPG

N. veitchii x lowii
veitchii%20x%20lowii.JPG

...I hope you liked them.

Tom

Wow Tom, Nice!

You've done very well with your N. sibuyanensis, which I hear is very difficult to get to pitcher. Very nice indeed!

Very happy looking plants, especially muluiensis. What are you gowing the plants in(chamberwise).?

Regards,

Joe

Fantastic Tom! Great photos too!

The N. ventricosa squat hybrid is really starting to show it's stuff with the peristome. I might need that plant back
biggrin.gif
I like the sticks in the N. tentaculata pot with the tendrils wrapped around.

Tony

Beautiful plants! Any chance we could get a picture of your setup/terrarium/growspace?

SF
wow.gif

Awesome Nepenthes collection, Tom.

Wow very nice! That ventricosa squat hybrid is da bomb!

Very nice plants, man. Pics are excellent as well. I too am interested to see the growing chamber/area.

Joe

...Thanks.  I got some requests for a picture of my growspace.  Here's a quick picture I took of my intermediate/lowland chamber.  The design is based on Swords' highland chamber.  It's approx. 4ft wide x 3 feet high x 3 feet deep.  The glass of the storm window that acts as the front of the chamber was removed for the picture.  The top is a sheet of plexiglass with approx 200W of compact fluorescent light and 160W of regular fluorescent light placed on top.
chamber.JPG

Tony:  Here's a picture of the entire ventricosa squat hybrid...sorry it's a little blurry and partially obscured by surrounding plants.  The plant is now approx. 12 inches in diameter and 10 inches high.  It's growing like crazy...as do all of the healthy plants that I get from my wonderful source.
biggrin.gif

vent%20squat%20x.JPG

Tom

Must... get... plants... like... that...

biggrin.gif

Looks great Tom! Are you using those fluorex compact fluorescent fixtures from the home improvement store?

I can see that you are quickly running out of space..

Tony

Hi Tom,

very nice plants! Tony, I see some space in there - as long as you can see the white lamp-mesh there is still space for something new. Last week we had a local meeting and although I was sure I had no place and so I didn't wanted to buy a single plant - I came home with a bunch of new 'friends'...
smile.gif

Cheers Joachim

Tony:  Yeah, I'm using 3 of those fluorex compact fluorescent fixtures, along with two 40W twin tube shoplights to brighten up potential dark spots in the chamber.  The fluorex fixtures are great...even at 2-3 feet away, new leaves on recently obtained plants almost always have a reddish/maroon tinge to them.

Oh, and I myself noticed that space is getting a little tight...that's why a new chamber is in the works!

Tom

How much are these flourex fixtures?

Thanks,

Joe

Back