What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential future nep cooling

• Thread starter lithopsman
  • Start date
Just saw this article that was released forty minutes ago... Could be the perfect cooler for highland neps! I'm sure there would be some way to remove one from a refridgerator...
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

Interesting Article

Yea, that would be perfect... unfortunately it would be big, and really expensive
wow.gif
You'd be better off just buying a fridge and putting a bunch of lights in it, and adding a galss door
biggrin.gif

Spec is right. I inquired years ago at some of the pop companies about the unit tha keeps Pepsi cold in a vending machine. They said it would cost about $250.
sad.gif

Joe

Hi all:

That's nothing compared to a commercial fridge, it costs about 2500 Australian dollars or roughly 1800 american dollars, but one can put as many as 20 medium sized plants and it already has glass doors.

Gus

I know right now that is the case, but perhaps eventually they will make smaller ones as stated in the possible uses in computers... Keep hope high!
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

Actually, once i get my own place, i would like to build a cold room (frigorific) where you store meat. In this case, guess what i'll be storing?
mad.gif

time is up!. villosas, rajahs, lamiis, macrophyllas and any other ultrahighland i can get my hands on
biggrin.gif

Gus

Gus,

That would be awesome. Imagine having a cold sun room!

ha ha wish i had macrophylla
but for my b'day ima getting
veitchii
truncata
sanguinea
raffasenia
fusca
gracilis
alata
which comes to a grand total of $120.00
the same amount my bical,lowii,and ampullaria added up to last year!!
smile.gif

Must have recieved an N. ampullaria tricolor or williams red or something if you total for bical, lowii and amp was $120!

As for the cooling method, $250 isn't that expensive! For a cooling unit, a Pepsi cooling unit like we have at work is only $250? Jeez that'd be well worth it I'd say!

it was a meture plant of ampullaria sarawak "striped" $30
bicalcurata farily nice size!!!!!! $45
lowii mt kinnabula $45

Well, in a couple of weeks time, i'll be getting some muluensis, hamatas, veitchii highlands, veillardii, and species number 7. so wish me good luck, cause i am going to need it. Temps are fine now for these plants, what i don't like is the hot summer weather.

Gus

Back