Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh #### man, the dagnabit heater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec,

How does the fogger heat the area, though? Since Joe grows lowlanders, I presume he is using the heater for humidity and heat. Do they make warm foggers? I think you have an option of warm mist and cool mist humidifiers...

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Joe,
    I have a warm mist humidifier. Wouldn't work in an enclosure. By "warm mist" they really mean steam. It would work in an actual room, but you'd cook you plants (yes, even lowlanders, lol) if you put that in a grow chamber.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an ultrasonic humidifier but it is too wet even on a timer. The ultra's are hard to get right cause they are too wet or not damp enough. I also have a "warm" humidifier but yea like Schloaty said they cook things at even a foot or so away. The plants seem to have taken no damage, thankfully. I was scared after reading somebodies post about them sitting out in dry for a day. (I don't remember who). I think i am going to build a bigger chamber soon.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? So a warm mist humidier in a ..say eight foot x eight foot wuld be too hot, or are you talking about a smaller grow are?

Joe

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8x8 would be way to hot. They are like 120F at 1 foot. They are litterally steam. They use a porcelain coated heating coil that has a steady drip on to it. Creating a very HOT steam. Even an average bedroom will rise a 5-10 deg. from them. Although some are larger than others. I say this based on the drugstore size. Maybe they would work with a good venting system but, then you would also be moving the humidity too. I use one in my room I have for my tropical cacti but in a room it only stays 40-70% depending on a few things. Water also needs replacement every 6-8 hours and tap water will clog the opening and crust up the coil needing to be cleaned at least 2 times weekly. On the other hand mineral less water is VERY expensive at such a rate.
    I have good results with a heater in water then add an ultrasonic humidifier, thus a warm fog. Not very good in small areas although would work probably in 8x8.
    Wow that was long winded [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12