Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neps outside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pond boy,

Would it not be better to give your plants 50% sun thru shad cloth during the day. It is not just the amount of sun, but the peak intensity of sun that can damage the plant. It's a lot of effort misting it through out the day, plus do you have to with such high humidity?

Gus,

That's very true. It depends alot on the specise which would dictate how much optimization one needs to perform. With my hybrids, I try to maintain some randomness in their environment which produces a stable solution for acceptable growth but not the ideal solution point.

I sacrifice having the best looking and faster growing plant, but hopefully the plants become tougher and more resilient to shocks that are beyond my control.

But again, doing this with some specise might kill em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I dont want to shock them. I don`t have any shade cloth,nor any way of aplying it. I enjoy misting the plants and it doesn`t do any harm right?
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there are water droplets on the leaf and you leave the plants in direct sun -it may damage the leafs if the sunlight is intense.

Maybe you misunderstood, not having shade cloth may shock the plant if the sunlight became intense. But if your plants are well established and well adapt to such conditions maybe it is not such a concern.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12