What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ampullaria

I have read that ampullaria prefers shade and indeed my plant (standard green variety) seemed to get burned in sunlight but is recovering in shade (or could it be just higher humidity?). Anyway, I read on the Plants with Attitude web site that they feel growth "is accelerated when plants are well-illuminated." Of course well-illuminated could mean bright indirect light or direct sunlight. Is there a general concensus on the amount of light for the different color varieties of this plant, assuming humidity remains the same? If anyone can offer answers in footcandles that would be appreciated. Full sun in the temperate mountains is certainly not the same as full sun in the desert or tropics. By the way, Jeff I love your web site and hope that you will continue to add data and new pages.

Mine seems to be happy in filtered sunlight. By filtered I mean it is under some trees where it gets direct sun and shade as the day progresses.

N_ampularia03_web.jpg

Back