Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: N. sanguinea underrated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Don't you guys think that this plant is not given enough respect as a beginner plant? I bought one from **********'s sale and it's been through the worst. First, I drop the pot and the plant fell out... repotted it. A week later I found out about the whole Scotts Peat thing... repotted it again... two weeks later the plant fell accidently... repotted it AGAIN. And it still hasn't even shown the slightest bit of stress at all! It's growing and pitcher like nothing has ever happened, even better then the Ventricosa which is supposed to be an easier species to culitvate... Well, I deffinitly have respect for this plant species and reccommend it for all beginners, or clumsy people like me! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love that plant! It is a very easy grower and looks at least as nice as many of the rarities. I'ts also cool the way the pitchers always slouch to the side.
    Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often recommend N. sanguinea. It's one drawback is that it doesn't tolerate very high heat compared to other 'beginner' plants, so isn't the best choice for some folks in hot climates.

T
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you sure bout that? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] My sanguinea doesnt seem to mind when my greenhouse reaches 90 degrees [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I live in Kuala Lumpur where the day and night temperatures are about 34C and 28C respectively. My N. sanguinea are doing quite well. Few of my plants have flowered and one managed to develop seeds. The only drawback is that the pitchers are not as big as those in the highlands.

Choong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh. I've heard this before, but never had the courage to try and harden off my sanguinea to the conditions outside my tank. I think I may HAVE to, as it's starting to get bigger....

How much direct sun can this sucker take? Any?
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choong,
    You must have exceptional sanguineas. Tony was pretty accurate-they do not last long here in south Florida. The winter is fine, but our summer temperatures from June to October is tough on them. It seems the nice big red clones are the most heat sensitive. Again, daytime highs are not the problem, its the warm nights that puts them into a downward spiral. If we ever put a swamp cooler in the greenhouse, and run it at night, it might be a different story.

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sanguinea has a fit if I change ANYTHING and stops growing for 2 months. You guys must have some sort of uber reasiliant clone.... Mine also likes to make new growth points more then getting bigger on any one stem.

Edit: Just saw Trents post, this may explain my trouble since mine is big and red lol.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast