What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alata

HI all

I bought this Alata at a green house and it was not doing all that good, It had some pitchers on it but were drying up and it was not producing any new ones. Since than It seems to like a lot of heat and sun. I am asking also which type of Alata it is and does it look like it is growing okay. If any one has any suggestions i would be greatfull....

Thanks

Jim

Alata1.jpg

Ps: Sorry my camera is not the best..

Nep2.jpg

Sorry about the date on the pict. The Camera is not set for the right time and date

Jiim

OOPS

pasoftim unfortunatly your plant does'nt look like the true alata species. From the photo you posted on this topic look's like N. x ventrata whitch is a cross with alata and ventricosa whitch is also a beautiful nepenthes. Your plant looks healthy and and is coming along very well.

EleCtric CarNivores

it doesnt seem to have anything wrong with it...
i think it looks good, and it doing better than my ventrata...
best wishes,
Hellz

Thanks for the info, Im not that proficant in Neps But im learning more everyday. Thanks for the kind words on the plant. By the way The peson holding it is my WIFE who wouldnt show her face because She is pregnant and no makeup on LOLOL

Jim

suggestions...
Hmm.. smaller pictures for us highspeed internet challenged folks.
Not keeping face so close to meat eating plant for extended period of time.

Plant looks happy. Another few weeks and it will be loaded with pitchers!
Tony

Sorry Tony about the size of the pict, I will shrink it the next time. Thanks for the coments on the plant, and your right maybe standing to close for to long something might happen LOLOL. Being pregnant and a work out buff she is feeling kind blah. Sle look like sarah jesica parker and she calls the NEps Ball sacks. But she is cool about having the CP's all over the house LOL

Jim

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]By the way The peson holding it is my WIFE who wouldnt show her face because  She is pregnant and no makeup on LOLOL

Cheers!  My wife feels the same way...She was due SUNDAY!!  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

OUT! OUT! OUT, ALREADY!!

Edit: Would be good to comment on the plant, now, wouldn't it? That's one nice looking nep! I'd say you've got the touch. Time for the next one....
smile_m_32.gif

looks healthy, How are you akig care of it, hat kind of condiions are you keeping it in? LL? HL? or IM?

LMAO Jess! Love your signature

As for your "alata", I too believe it doesnt look pure. Prolly is x ventrata

thanks spec.... I thought it suits me quite well, espcially the "greater intellect then most of your peers but it is aquanderd on bizzare obsessions" can you say carnivorous plants, cultivating coral, and supercharger designing? lol

Bakc to subject at had... That plant looks like one of those N. ventrata hybrides I see at the ursery every now and again....

Congrats schloaty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all goes well for you...

As for the Plant!! 90 + Temp during the day Humidity around 80 to 100 most of the day

Sun about 3 hours direct and the rest shade and just bright light. Water ALL RAIN

The plant when i got it was labled an ALATA and was in a Brown hanging basket and it looks to be like the ones that A friend of mine ordered a while back from a place in calafornia Opps can't spell LOLOL are we not to talk of other places!!

Jim

Unfortunatly you will come across that alot when buying nepenthes from local nurserys im assuming they do that bescause most people they buy from places such as home depot and lowes and nurserys general dont have growing experience with the plants not speaking for everyone cause they are some growers that buy from local gardens i know i do when i see something worth buying anywas the point is when it come's to ventrata most nurserys will labe ventrata Nepenthes alata.

::::::::::::: E L E C T R I C carnivores ..........

Back