What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all,
Here are a few pics to start off the month of June! More to come later in the month...

Nepenthes jacquelineae newest pitcher. This one is around an inch tall...

jacquelineae%20front.jpg

Another pic of jacquelineae with that wonderful peristome up close. Not a great picture, but the peristome shines bright red like Jeremiah's plant.

jacquelineae%20side.jpg

Nepenthes lowii bristles under the lid. This plant gave me grief as far as photographing goes. It is so shiny inside the camera doesn't like to focus even with flash off.

lowii%20bristles.jpg

Nepenthes thorelli x aristolochioides upper pitcher looking very cool:

thorelli%20aristo.jpg

N. ventricosa x talangensis upper behind several tendrils:

ventricosa%20talangensis.jpg

Certainly not super great photos, but you get what you pay for! Ask Dustin, then ask me!  
smile_n_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif

Tell me what you think!
           ~THANKS, Lithopsman~

Cool! For a minute I thought I needed glasses.. although they are a little less fuzzy if I put them on ;> Plants look better.. How are they doing now after that weird situation?

As for the pics.. well I can see them clear enough to say nice
biggrin.gif
AND they download nice and fast!

T

Thanks for the comments! It's about time to replace the three-year-old $250 when new Cannon.
smile_m_32.gif
Still great for far-away shots, but there aren't any macro lenses for it.
confused.gif
I'll work on making the pictures even a little smaller... They seem to be all better after that umm well I don't know what. I lost a couple more plants after I talked to you, but with much will-power and a pair of very-sterilized scissors, I think it's all gone!
smile.gif

Pondboy:
smile_l_32.gif

I think it's about time to buy an Olympus C-770 Ultrazoom boy!
smile.gif
lol Does your camera have macro mode on it??? $250 digi should have the function even if it isn't that much of a closeup. Try a magnifying glass in front of the lens it can help a bit.

Then you can take a picture of your N. lowii like this!

lowii_001.sized.jpg

Nick Hubbells camera was about that price... Takes pics almost (or as) clear as yours
smile.gif
smilie4.gif

You take better pics than me. Serious. I thought my eyes were fooling me too.
Nice plants though. I am working on getting a digicam soon. Olympus you say?

Joe

Spec, Nick's was $250 and takes pics as good as mine? I doubt that, Nick must have paid a good price for his digi cam. Mine retails at $800.99.

SIH, yes Olympus is my choice brand, other brands I personally would recommend are (best to least preferred) Nikon, Canon, Minolta and Fuji. Fuji is last because all of their parts are plastic...I have an all stainless metal case on the Olympus. Much more durable and showy.

EDIT: L-man, upon looking closer at your pictures, I can see your camera is focusing on the background....you are waay to close that is shouting out! Or not in macro mode if you have one.

I have macro mode and have noticed the same... The zoom past 2x is digital and has a hard time focusing on anything at all...
confused.gif
This camera is just old and tired. It even makes the growchamber look like it is lit with dim yellow lighting.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I don't know what I'm going to do!
smile_o_32.gif

Back