Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Generic nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was amazed when I saw some Nepenthes at a local Fred Meyer today being sold as "tropical foliage" in the houseplant section. They were only $5 to buy 4! The plants had no living pitchers but the leaves looked a lot like my new ventricosa.

I suppose that if someone bought one just for the leaves, they would be in for a big surprise [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] (in the chance that they could provide a usable environment!)

In a slightly different section there were plants actually being sold as "pitcher plants" for a much higher price and with bogus directions saying they need a winter dormancy.

Do you guys see many Nepenthes at local stores?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From time to time...mostly hybrids.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always hear people on here talk about seing them at Home Depot and Lowes and wherever but, I never see them at my local ones here in Omaha. I look all the time for some generic Nep but to no avail.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the fact that I see those poor screwed up hybrides in stores like that..... I'd use a emoticon but they don't suit the situation......go figure...
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen any in a store before... though I'd definitely like to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, well here In Florida they have all different kinds of Cps in the department stores. I just bought some last weekend, at Lowes. I think I got a Alata Nep, and just a purple pitcher. But last year, I fought that they carried all different kinds of Fly traps, and they had a cobra lily and I think they even had some sarrs. But in my area they are pretty expensive, but they are super sized. Hope everyones plants are doing extremely well!
    ~Rachael
    \"Two roads diverged in a wood...I took the path less traveled by, and that has made all the difference\"
    ~Robert Frost

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes people post some real tragic TC plants. I beleive Capslock has a "super mutant" he calls ........I forget but, its a TC monstrosity.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nurseries in palm bay get them in from time to time, Rockledge gardens, and South brevard nursery get flytraps, and occasinal Nep Miranda, or Coccinea usually, whenever they do, I make sure they tell me first
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast