User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeding your nepenthed fresh blood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow do you have an implanted port or a picc line or something? And heck The bodies turn around on blood is 100-120 days. The blood he is talking about taking is small. When people come in with sepsis to the hospital we do blood cultures. That is 15mls per vial and 4 vials are normally drawn, plus the other labs. Not to mention normally daily labs at about 3-10 mls per day. I donate blood regularly. and when I do it is normally 2 units RBC. I do Alyx where they take twice as much RBC and give back the plasma for volume. So the ammount of blood he is talking about is minor. Being a dude, his hemoglobin is normally 13-15. And my heart patients run with hemoglobins of 8 and are up walking the floors post cardiac surgery. I don't recommend bleeding yourself out for your plants when osmacoat or live bugs work just as well. You can grow your own bugs to feet your plants and keep it going indefinately too.

I believe the idea is a lil strange myself but to each their own. I am strange when it comes to some thigns too. Just not harvesting my own blood.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this one... No offense to the necromonger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopaman View Post
    Thanks soopaman.
    I don't know if it is just that this thread was already about feeding blood to your plants or that the thread was dead for like 7 years or what... but this pic in this thread has been making me laugh for quite a while now.

sorry dash, I was too late to include yours too!
    Last edited by antechron; 05-25-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antechron View Post
    I don't know if it is just that this thread was already about feeding blood to your plants or what... but this pic in this thread has been making me laugh for quite a while now. Thanks soopaman.

sorry dash, I was too late to include yours too!

Seedjar posted it the other day, I have been waiting for a chance to use it ever since

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    might I also bring up that his promise that he would update it was never fulfilled. Perhaps he went a bit too far... or since no one cares too much about the rules of such an old thread, maybe his plants got him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antechron View Post
    might I also bring up that his promise that he would update it was never fulfilled. Perhaps he went a bit too far... or since no one cares too much about the rules of such an old thread, maybe his plants got him?
    Little shop of horrors comes to mind......
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I get bad nosebleeds almost daily due to a combination of always low humidity, altitude, allergies and chronic sinusitis. I must admit having fed a nep about a teaspoon of fresh blood. I can't say one way or another if it was good for it or not. It dealt with it fine. The blood sank into the bottom of the pitcher, the pitcher fluid rested on top, and within a few days it turned all black inside. No smell at all. Pitcher life was normal, plant grew fine after.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast