What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x hookeriana

I really like this plant but I never seem to see it on other members grow lists or for sale. I was wondering if anyone of you PFT gals/guys was secretly growing some. Do you know where I could get one? Maybe I should ask Tony if he has any hook up to the hookeriana....

So I'm just curious to see if anyone is growing this plant?

I had some but they did very poorly in my highland greenhouse.. Can't imagine why LOL. (ps don't tell Rob)

Maybe now that I have a heated grow chamber I will get some more. They are cute critters..tend to take after the N. ampullaria alot.

T

awesome!!!, You know Tony, now that I'm around you're going to have to start geting more lowlanders....

P.S. I still haven't seen my new Bellii and campanulata... I'm still stuck away from home! I'm told though that they are nice and doing "ok" so I'll see when I get home. My sister is taking care of my plants right now.... (>_<)

hehe good times
=Jess=

I have one and I am quite excited with it. Even during our dry season it pitchers readily (much better than raff and amp!) and it looks like a very pretty giant ampullaria. Also, it doesn't seem to need a lot of light and might even do indoors quite well.
Got it from Malesiana.
Volker

hookerfotocd.jpg

is that your plant? its gorgeous! I'd like to get a red one the red speckled one, rather.

Is yours a fat/fast grower compared to its parentage? How does it respond to manual propagation? e.g. cuttings.

Yah, growing in the garden. It seems to be faster than ampullaria. The plant is still relatively young, maybe 25cm diameter, but as you can see, pitchers look already adult.
I haven't done any cuttings yet, but this kind of sturdy low humidity Nep should propagate easily.
However, the internodes are still extremely short. Since the stem is growing horizontally, there might be basal shoots soon.

Nice N.x hookeriana leucophylla.:)

Back