What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hybridizing (?)

Nice pictures Steve! I guess that proves what my friends observed! Michigan ants fall for the same trick as Borneo ants!

Trent

Ok I found a hybrid with fangs showing. They don't seem all that long but very deffinitely fangs. Its (XRokko X bicalcarata) X bicalcarata. I found it at "That Australian Hybrid Place".

Joe

Trent, regarding plant size before flowering occurs, you can also induce flowering by stressing the plant. I managed this with my N. x Gentle by whacking off slightly more than half of the growing vine - which, as it turned out, was not such a good idea, as all my cuttings died! But the main plant produced four consecutive flower stalks.

We've actually had top cuttings of N. Gentle flower in the cutting chamber. Of course, we cut them off so the cutting will put energy into a new root system and growth!
Often, as the vine gets long and grows into a brighter light situation (top of the greenhouse) blooming may occur. So far, everytime we cut the vines back, we get new growth from the eye closest to the top. Will try your suggestion on a few hybrids that are getting out of control.

Trent

Back