Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N sumatrana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe: the pic on the cover of Nepenthes of Sumatra by Charles Clarke is sumatrana. When it's happy it should look like that.

Josh is right, it is about as hard core lowland as they come.
    It likes a steep slope covered in peat, continually wet, and grows up trees to a great height.
    Hot, humind and full sun.
    Definitely one of my fav lowlanders, I must order one from MT myself.

Cheers, Troy.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I put it in a container with clear cover to keep more humidity in. I'll see if that helps.
    BTW, it has a rust/orange spotting on the leaves and along the center vein, but its on either side of the vein leaving a green stripe through the middle of the spotting. Any ideas and help. I DO NOT want to lose this plant.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe,

The spotting just sounds like a reaction from low humidity and stress from all the activity. Hopefully it will do better in the dome.
    For now, just leave it alone and don't pester or change growing conditions of the plant for a good 3-6 months other than to water it and trim dead leaves/pitchers. This will give it time to calm down and hopefully accept the conditons you have and start growing vigorously.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I just put it in the covered bucket last night. I looked at my chamber today and the 2 newest leaves have already began to perk up and take on that glossy deep green look. It wanted higher humidity I guess. My chamber itself is 80%, but that wasn't enough. Its a 6-8 inch diam. plant with no pitchers. I have better hopes for it now. I'll just let it be for awhile.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12