What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding my neps live

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Give me a Yay or a Nay.

I have buttloads of mesquito larvae (glassworms,I think). Are they OK to feed to my Neps or Ceph?

Joe

I am curious cause I have heard it mentioned that bloodworms can cause rot.

I use freeze-dried bloodworms(when they don't feed themselves with ants-my house is infested!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
), and don't have any problems. The only time it molds or anything is if it gets stuck to the nectar on the peristome or something, but then the only thing that molds is the bloodworm, not the pitcher.

I think the interesting thing would be if the plants will kill the larvae....they might live in the pitchers(some wild ones use them to breed, if I remember my Clarke) fine with no problems.

Joe

why dont you just freez them first, then put them it? or use tadpoles or something, i know that treefrogs breed in water containers on our deck and i've fed the eggs to plants before.

auctually, dont feed them tadpoles, just use the eggs. feeding them tadpoles would be cruel.

NOOOOOO! NOT poor little froggies
smile_h_32.gif
but eggs would be more humane then feeding them tadpoles... Just go out and buy a jar of 50 mealworms at petco.

Back