What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. predator (truncata x hamata)

Hi everyone,

does anyone have any photos of the mature pitchers?
I've seen a 4cm pitcher showing the hamata teeth peristome trait and the coloration for truncata but I'd like to see a few pics on what the results for it are. It looks like it will be a nice large cool growing hybrid.

thanks
Christian

Brand new hybrid so you won't find anything larger than a 4cm pitcher. I am anxious to see how N. hamata traits carry through in hybrids as well. Usually highly ribbed/toothed peristome traits are significantly reduced if the other parent doesn't also have these traits. There are always exceptions though when working with species that have not been used in hybrids before. The seedlings look very promising!
Tony

Hi tony,

yes a brand new hybrid. and i'm excited as well to see the results of it. it's nice to see the peristome ribbed/tooth trait is dominant over the truncata.  Is the ribbed/tooth trait dominant or recessive in most of the nepenthes hybrids?

If there was a hybrid of N. (truncata x hamata) x (truncata x hamata) would this increase the traits themselves or would a N. (truncata x hamata) x hamata express more of the ribbed/tooth trait?

Christian

haha... looks like ther are plenty of us watching the Exotica front page.

As Geoff notes on his site, there appears to be quite defined ribbing on the peristome of the young plants.  Certainly a good early sign.

Supply and demand appears to have had its usual effect on the price but if this hybrid shows the best traits of both parents it'd be worth it
smile_m_32.gif

Aaron.

hi aaron,

yep its definately worth the wait. Did you get one?

Christian

Back