What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mixta x maxima

Hi
A photo taken this morning of a newly opened pitcher on my
Mixta x Maxima at 24cm it shows the peristome before it goes red in the sun.

mxxmax.jpg

Bye for now  Julian

Wow! That's a really handsome pitcher. Is it growing in a chamber or in a greenhouse?

Hi Schloaty
Its in a 8 x 10 greenhouse,i had to shade it as the leaves seem sensitive to sunburn and colour up easily.

Bye for now Julian

Very nice!

My own N. Miranda (Mixta x maxima) is making huge pitchers now, 30 + cm each time one opens.
miranda2.jpg

Thankfully the plant itself quit growing at about 4 feet in diameter (not including tendrils which are another 30-45 cm each!) and has begun to climb. I'll be seeing an upper soon, I hope they will look nice and colorful as some maxima uppers are dull and plain old green.

Keep up the good work!

Very nice Julian.

I had to look twice as you have the inside of your glasshouse lined with bubble wrap exactly like mine!

Aaron.

Great looking plant, Julian!

Thanx guys
Josh,Have you got a photo of the front of that pitcher as id like to get a look at the peristome and lid please.
I see that your leaves are green but mine are almost red and i had to shade it to stop it scorching do you find yours sensitive
to sun light?

Bye for now Julian

Josh yours looks very nice too!
smile.gif

Back