What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big bicalcarata

I realized today that our biggest bicalc in the CP house has a 6 foot span from tendril tip to tendril tip.

biclcspan.JPG

This plant takes a beating by the public becuase it is so close to the path. The only pitchers that survive long enough to open are the ones away from the path. Several upper pitchers have wraped around the greenhouse structure and this gal is slowly starting to find ways to hold on and climb. This upper pitcher was touched a few too many times and the paristome never rolled out all the way.

bicalcupper.JPG

Most of the pitchers were drooling this morning!!

bicalcnect1.JPG

Sweet enough to eat...

bicalcnect2.JPG

I am really hoping for some basal activity on this plant. Some day I will have to cut it! That's all for now...

Steve

Holy moly! That thing is HUGE!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Nice upper pitchers! Too bad all the traffic is beating the plant up....Still looks great, though!

Hi Steve
She,s big, shame that people keep touching it.

Bye Julian

Stupenderiferous. To bad the fangs aren't real, but then you would have the Press to deal with....nice work Steve-o. My own plant is 3 inches high with walnut sized pitchers, lol. I think I need to pay you a visit in the near future to see what these guys really can do if turned loose.

Back