What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here are some photos of my Nepenthes

N. rajah #2
2004-5-24_N_rajah_062.jpg

N. rajah #1
2004-6-24_N_rajah_078.jpg

N. aristolochioides
2004-6-14-N_aristolochioides_097.jpg

N. macrophylla (some people have thought it is N. × trusmadiensis but I'm not sure)
2004-6-24_N.%20macrophylla_018.jpg

N. jacquelineae
2004-6-24_N_jacquelineae_065.jpg

N. alata x maxima
2004-6-25_N_alata_x_maxima_021.jpg

N. albomarginata 'spotted'
2004-6-25_N_albomarginata_spotted_015.jpg

N. burbidgeae
2004-6-25_N_burbidgeae_047.jpg

N. clipeata clone #1
2004-6-25_N_clipeata_clone_1_024.jpg

N. diatas meadow form
2004-6-25_N_diatas_meadow%20form_058.jpg

and some more

N. lowii G. mulu
2004-6-25_N_lowii_G_mulu_075.jpg

N. mikei
2004-6-25_N_mikei_053.jpg

N. mira
2004-6-25_N_mira_069.jpg

N. reinwardtiana
2004-6-25_N_reinwardtiana_011.jpg

N. sanguinea clone (e)
2004-6-25_N_sanguinea_(e)_032.jpg

N. sumatrana
2004-6-25_N_sumatrana_002.jpg

N. veitchii x lowii
2004-6-25_N_veitchii_x_lowii_040.jpg

N. x Koto effiugent
2004-6-25_N_x_Koto_effiugent_027.jpg

N. lowii x ventricosa
2004-6-25_N_x_lowii_x_ventricosa_067.jpg

N. spectabilis x ventricosa
2004-6-25_N_x_spectabilis_x_ventricosa_042.jpg

and a few more

N. truncata x (stenophylla x lowii)
2004-6-25_N_x_truncata_x_stenophylla_x_lowii_061.jpg

N. villosa
2004-6-7-N_villosa_014.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

WOW! those are beautiful! especially your rajah #2!!!

Are any of those (or cuttings of them) up for trade? You have absolutely beautiful plants! N. rajah #1, N. aristolochioides, N. jacquelineae, N. veitchii x lowii, N. lowii G. mulu, N. villosa, N. macrophylla... amazing!

wow! Those are awesome looking. I'm quite jealous
biggrin.gif

Where do you grow all of those?

Hi Jeremiah
Stunning as always,Gotta love the Rajah.

Bye for now julian

Looking good:>

I am still convinced that is N. trusmadiensis. You can compare the hybrid with N. macrophylla in the picture thread Nep. G posted recently. Don't let the color of the N. trusmadiensis photo he posted throw you off though as it was recently opened.

Is the N. clipeata one of Wistuba's plants or is it the Clip-1 clone?
Tony

Hello

Thanks for all the nice complements.

I'm sorry but I don't have any cutting from the plants I posted photos of for trade at the moment.

Tony
So you still think it is N. trusmadiensis hmm other then the size of the "teeth" on the peristome what makes you say that?

Yes it is the Clip-1 clone

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Realy great plants\pics! I especialy like the N. jacquelineae,and N.villosa:)

Hi Jeremiah, wonderful plants as always. The N. rajah is really putting on some size now!
smile.gif
Tony and I are right behind you in that respect!

As for the N. macrophylla you have there, it appears to have the lowii "look" to it, most notibly how the peristome teeth end in fine points in the mouth of the pitcher, rather than shorter nubby knobs like on N. macrophylla.

BTW, the clip #1 clone is indeed N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae)

Color of the peristome, color of the pitcher, spacing and size of the ridges, width of the peristome, angle of the peristome, shape of the pitcher opening, length and shape of the teeth around the peristome.

Personally I would be overjoyed if it does indeed turn out N. trusmadiensis!
Tony

Amazing pictures! Your N. raja #2 would have to be my favorite!

Hello

Ok I see, so how long would you say before we know for sure?

brisco225

Yeah that is my favorite plant I grow.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah, your collection is trully something to aspire to! Absolutely stunning!

Hello

schloaty

lol thanks well if you are ever in Colorado Springs Just let me know and I'll give you a personal tour.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Hmm well I'm pretty sure now
smile_m_32.gif
I usually don't say too much unless I am reasonably sure. (Which is why I asked about the N. clipeata since I could tell something wasn't quite right but that was about it).

Generally speaking it is easier to tell something isn't a species when it is a hybrid of some sort. If your not convinced that's ok.. give it a couple years. It will get larger but it will not really change much in shape. Unless it starts producing upper pitchers they you will know without a doubt! You can compare to a larger N. trusmandiensis in the thread Joachim started recently on his plant. BobZ probably has lots of other links too for N. macrophylla and N. trusmadiensis. I think you got a real gem there.. not very often a N. trusmadiensis pops up from N. macrophylla or N. lowii seed.
Tony

Hey Jeremiah,
You have one of the finest and amazing collection ever. I like N. Rajah #2 especially.

Back