User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Basal shoots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With it being winter here and short days, I don't get much daylight time during the week in my glasshouse. However, I have a day off today and happened to find that a few of my Neps are producing basal shoots.

First and largest is one of my N. ventricosa:

Second is a very small N. ampullaria. This plant has taken quite a bit of time to settle in but is now producing healthy leaves, and as I just discovered, a healthy tiny pitcher on the basal shoot (you can jsut see it upside down under the damaged leaf):

And finally you may remember this one from my "Today's Nursery Finds" thread from a while back. These are a couple of small basal shoots forming on the N. tobaica x ampullaria:

Aaron.

Edit: Can one of the mods please change the title to "Basal Shoots". That other text was an accident and I don't seem to have access to change the title of the thread. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi aaron,

It's great to see some new growth. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Quite vigorous aren't they.

Christian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian,

Given the time of year here I'm wrapped to be getting the growth I have right now. Can't wait until Spring and longer day length [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Still, I thought it a bit odd to be getting basal shoots from the Vent and baby Amp as I 'thought' basal shoots generally formed on vining plants.

Aaron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaawwww... they're so cute!!

Are you gonna keep them with their mommies or will you transplant to separate pots?

At what size could one repot basals? I have some myself [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

/Quensel
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll keep them together Quensel as I like the look of plants with multiple growing points.

Aaron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you selling/trading any of them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not doing either at this stage thanks NL. Still have pretty much one of everything and trying to grow my collection.

Aaron.