Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitcher nectar/syrup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, yes, this is all very nice but this tells me nothing! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    The big Q. is......how are they on pancakes?

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't some species put chemicals in the nector to drug the insects? I bet that would make them tast funky.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit that ive tried a few of my neps and some are very sweet but my spathulata x Maxima has a wicked after taste,almost bitter.

Bye for now julian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.K Aaron I got it now. For some reason I was thinking of the nectar as pitcher fluid. sorry for the mixup

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm adverse to tasting anything that's had any risk of touching a bug. Nectar, digestive fluid, or otherwise.

I imagine there's some severe bacteria in that stuff, being that they love super humid environments and all.
    Some random words.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For real man. I always say I'll eat anything, but I'm not curious enough to try that. You guys can feast up though:: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this for dubious concoctions:
    At our Fourth of July picnic, some people brought the makings for homeade ice cream. Not unusual, but they made it by putting the mix together and POURING LIQUID NITROGEN OVER IT!!! It just "boils out' or "evaporates" or whatever you call it. I was thinking "no way", but when they passed it out and 95% were eating it, I figured if everyone started dropping, I would have enough time to call an ambulance for me, lol. It was ...interesting. Not bad, but I am one of the wierdos that don't appreciate the lumpy, very vanillaness of homemade IC.

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being serious again… looking at it from the opposite stance to those that worry about germs, bugs, nasties, etc (which I fully understand BTW even if I do not practice your caution). Is there not a fair bit of references to pitcher fluid (the stuff inside the pitcher) being used in more ancient times for treating eye infections? Plus pitchers and their associated contents being used for cooking food and carrying water? I know there may be qualifications to this such as the pitchers being cleaned first, the fluid being used form unopened pitchers, etc, but still…..

Not that I actually know one way or the other, but I would actually think that, a healthy plant an pitcher, would be quite hygienic and sterile, with the only real risk being from chemicals produced by the plant, assuming they do produce any that are harmful to humans?

Any actual FACTS that are known?

Aaron.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast