Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How big?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a n. truncata that I have had for about a year now, and I just saw its latest pitcher...now this plant has produced some 'big' pitchers (and they are only getting bigger), but the one I have just found is over six inches long and I could probably fit a silver dollar in the top. I'll try to post a pic, but I am very impressed with this little plant. See, I am not a very 'large' nep grower (basically I stay with drosera and sarracennia), so this is news for me.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get ready boy. With the right conditions, this thing will get pitchers 3 times as large. The plant can grow to over a meter in diameter, but I find that the more light you give it, the more compact it stays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh heh heh....You're in for it! Truncata is one big puppy. Has some of the largest pitchers in the genus!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a highland variety? If so I'd go to great lengths to get a cutting. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto on that, but I think he has just the typical lowland Truncata. Either way, you get a cutting and it's a highland 'Pasian'. Let me know, I got great amounts of rare Sarracenia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is a lowlander. got it last year for like five bucks and it has more then doubled in size. I'll post a pic as soon as I have the time. If you e mail me...I'll send a pic straight to you. We'll see. I have so much going on right now in my life (baby coming in sept, house, cleaning, plants, yard, dogs...and so on) that I feel as though I am not paying as much attention to my cps as I can. This particular nep gets about 4 hours direct sun and about 6 hours shade, bright shade though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well. I may just spend the $100 and get a highland variety. At least I'd actually have something to offer people in trades then. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How big can a truncata get you ask?

Pretty darn big! This plant has a 5 foot spread and the pitchers are about 16" tall when fully opened.

How about a 6' flower stalk?

They can get pretty big...
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Steve
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast