What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes terrarium

Hi there!

There're the best pics of my Nepenthes terrarium and the plants inside:

Ne. bicalcarata (Sipitang, Borneo):

ne_bicalcarata3.jpg

Ne. rafflesiana:

ne_rafflesiana3.jpg

Have a nice day,
Max

ne_rafflesiana_peristom.jpg

left side:

terrarium_vorne_links.jpg

right side:

terrarium_vorne_rechts.jpg

beautiful pics and a oddly realistic trerrarium, notice the utrics near the side...wow, how big is that terrarium?

Our local children's zoo has a cp terrarium with a bical in it, and it looks crappy. I thought maybe it was just being in terrarium format and not having enough drainage, but apparantly that does not have to be the case. Your set-up looks excellent!!

Joe

I agree, I just can't believe that this terrarium isn't up for display. I am very curious onto how big it is as seeing the size and massive growth points on some of those plants, I think someone can fall asleep in a corner in there, comfortably with space...if you like...tropical conditions.

Sweeeeeeet! You put a lot of work into that display. Very impressive!

Awesome job. It's like a little slice of Borneo! And welcome to the forums mAdmAx!

Casplock

Wow
that is nice,what size is it as it looks massive?

Bye for now julian

Excellent pics! I'm also rather curious about the demensions of your mini-jungle.
smile_n_32.gif

The realism is awesome. Excellent work. Is it in you living room or somewhere where guests may enjoy, if not it should be.

Joe

You should drop in some tree frogs or geckos.
smile_m_32.gif

Dang! He even painted the back wall to make it look bigger:O .

Hi there!

Thanx for your answers!!!!

The dimensions of my terrarium are 120*60*60cm. And it is in my living room. It's illuminated by 3*54W ATI T5 inflorescent tubes.
I've thought about the idea with camelions, geckos and so on, but my mother blocked, so this is unfortunately not possible.

Have a nice day!
Max

Wow! I love Biotope style displays and that one is simply fantastic! Such a great view in a compact space!
smile.gif

Update:

here there're pics that i've taken today:

first developping pitcher of Ne. echinostoma:

ne_echinostoma.jpg

Ne. distillatoria 'light red':

ne_distillatoria.jpg

Ne. fusca x veitchii after taking the plant out of the terrarium:
Ne_fusca_ganz.jpg

small pitcher after cutting:

ne_fusca_veitchii.jpg

the whole Ne. bicalcarata plant:

ne_bicalcarata_ganz.jpg

the whole Ne. rafflesiana plant:

ne_rafflesiana_ganz.jpg

the whole Ne. maxima x veitchii plant:

ne_maxima_veitchii_ganz.jpg

Ut. sandersonii:

ut_sandersonii.jpg

mfG
Max

Your terarium/plants are breathtaking!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

whoa Thats the is the best terrarium I've seen. I say don't add any animals it will take away from the plants....

That is very nice indeed.

Thanks!

The Ne. maxima x veitchii is producing its second flower. Soon I'll be able to make some pics.

Cheerio,
Max

I was searching for past threads on N. bicalcarata when I came across this. It was just way too cool for me to not say something! I can safely say that is one of the best looking terrariums I've ever seen.

Just amazing
blues.gif

Back