What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some follow-up :)

Well today after my daughter had fallen asleep, I couldn't keep away from my neps, and unfortunately I had her feeding bottle in my hand.

So I just kinda couldnt help but put a few drops in a few pitchers...
smile_l_32.gif

Am I to expect pitcher rot now? I remember reading somewhere here that someone tried milluk for neps, no?

/Quensel.

I had posted about using formula. It can work great BUT... rot is right around the corner. You can not let any of the mix touch anything but the pitcher fluid. Also it doesn't work if you filled the pitchers with water, it must be the natural fluid of the pitcher. If these things are followed then it works great. My mixture was: 1 teaspoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of RO water and mix with 1/2 teaspoon of formula powder.

Joe

The pitchers I added it to opened yesterday and the day b4 that.

Im fairly sure it only came in contact with the fluid, but I'll just have to wait and see I guess
smile.gif

One plant was a 'mystery' nep that Ive been caring for for like 5 months, and FINALLY it produced one pitcher.
Turned out to be a ventrata... very exotic and rare lol
smile.gif

Fed it to maybe increase pitchering rate.

The other one I fed it is the still unided hybrid I have up on the ID section, it just opened 3 new pitchers this last week, so I figured, worth a try, if I lose one, then at least I know it's a bad idea for next time...
smile.gif

/Quensel

Back