What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid july gallery

Hey,
OK, first is the odd N. x Petra Giant. This is the biggest pitcher yet, a whopping two-incher:
N.jpg

And here's a nice new pitcher on my N. x Wrigleyana:
b8b24fd6.jpg

Here's my second N. hamata pitcher on my plant from Tamlin. Another little guy, but better teeth on this one:
32a72ca7.jpg

And finally, this is the first pitcher from a cutting given to me by emesis. I'm very happy with this one! It's a N. x Ile de France.
f16419ce.jpg

Capslock

Very nice Caps.

Is there N. mirabilis in that last one?

Aaron.

I've been ripped off! (over a year ago)

I knew my "xPetra Giant" was not anything more than a yellow Ventrata! Now I have confirmation!

Anyway,s nice pics and I really like the N. x Petra Giant!
smile.gif

Hi Capslock
You sure have some great looking plants.The Ile de France is stunning,mind you the Wrigleyana,s colour and shape are amazing ohh what am i talking about i just love them all
smile.gif

The one id love to get is Dyeriana not many seem to grow it,and getting it in the UK is like getting Rocking horse Dung.
Dream on i guess

Bye for now julian

Thanks! Aaron, the N. x Ile de France is [(mirabilis x thorelly) x (northiana x maxia)].

Josh, that sucks! Hey, if this thing gets big enough, I'll put you first on the list for cuttings.

Capslock

Nice pics! I love the shape on that N. x Petra Giant!
smile.gif

Is there such a thing as a "Petra" regular -size?
smile_n_32.gif

I've seen it both "Petra" and "Petra Giant", and frankly, it should be "Petra Dwarf." It is easily the smallest pitcher per plant size in my collection.

It is N. [ventricosa x (bosgso x talegensis)].

Capslock

Nice Ise de France!  I have a cutting from Snowy Falcon, and it has recently openned it's first pitcher.  That darn thing grows fast!  My pitcher doesn't have that nice reddish coloring....How long did it take to redden up like that?

Edit: Oops! I had the wrong benefactor in my post!

Thanks! It reddened up even before it opened. I have another Ile de France that isn't red like that, but they're both in the same conditions. Here's that one:
N_x_Ile_de_France_estes.sized.jpg

Don't know why they're so different.
confused.gif

My cutting took forever to get rooted, but once it did, it really exploded in growth. I'm pretty excited about this plant!

Capslock

I too have this plant....has yet to make a pitcher but it came from Snowy in great conidition.....just made a great big leaf.

Dustin, thanks! Mine was SF, too...Where is my head?

Caps, that second pic is what mine looks like. Hopefully my wife will e-mail me the pics this afternoon so I can post them.

That is one hairy hamata.
smile.gif

Really lovely pitchers...I like the pink color of the Petra.

Nice, Capslock.

Back