Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New additions for july

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaron,

Not pale and weak, but elongated a bit. I think Tony answered that pretty well though.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure did,... as always [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

OK, for the sake of not hogging the forum, I'll keep going in this thread. Here are another lot of plants that arrived yesterday. I placed this order basically to get myself one of Geoff Mansell's new N. Predator's (Hamata x Truncata), but as always I couldn't help myself so just kept on ordering!

N. Predator:

Sanginea - Purple:

This Sanguinea actually came as 3 plants in one so I was easily able to separate them, so now I have x3:

N. hirsuta

N. eustachya:

N. alata - Stripped and known to be a male plant:

N. alata - Unspecified form:

Now, just one more lot to come in next week and I think that'll about do for July [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Aaron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ July 15 2004,11:33)]Wasn't N. platychila renamed from N. kuratae?
    Hi Dustin,

the name of this plant never was 'N. kuratae' (nom. nud.) because the name N. platychila was the first one being officially published.

> I think N. faizaliana is quite different from N. fusca 'sarawak'. Not really sure where you are getting N. fusca looks like N. faizaliana.

Rob dropped the name N. faizaliana for this plant after discussing it with Ch'ien Lee. They agreed that it is a form of N. fusca from Sarawak. I also updated my label, although I'm not absoultely convinced this is the correct name for this plant.

Aaron, it looks like you're running out of space in the next future if you're rate of buying plants stabilizes at this level... With these elongated internode distaces the N. diatas looks more like a plant from MT than from Rob. It'll grow OK again under better lights.

Cheers Joachim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joachim,

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Aaron, it looks like you're running out of space in the next future if you're rate of buying plants stabilizes at this level...
    Yes, I've been a bit 'excessive' lately. Hope I'm not setting a bad example but I just can't help myself. AND, I know another Aussie local that's been worst than me over the last year......... Christian, where are you? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Is there a NBA (Nepenthes Buyers Anonymous) forum around here?

Hey look... I don't spend money on cigarettes or fast cars, I drink much less than I used to (over the nightclub scene) and almost have the house paid off (Yeee Haaa!), so why not indulge myself a little. There could be worse vises! In fact it's not even a vise... It's THERAPY! I wonder if I can claim the expenses as medical deductions

Seriously though... I'm OK on room for now but give another good growing season and that'll change very quickly, even if I don't add many more plants. Plus I have many of the plants I really wanted to get this year so it's 'almost' (just a few more) time to sit back and enjoy watching them grow.

Now, where can I fit another glasshouse? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

On the Diatas issue. Iím not fully up to date with all the owners and suppliers names but the plants are all from BE. However, I think they were in quarantine for about 3 months. I have NO idea of the conditions they were kept under but they are all certainly in a Ďfragile state and going to take a little TLC to get settle in.

As a side note, I hope I have not stepped on any toes. I know itís been an issue here a few times about promoting some/other suppliers. That was not my intent here or in any post. Itís a bit harder for us Aussies as we can only buy from local suppliers, who in turn have either propagated the plants themselves or brought them in from one of the overseas suppliers (as in the case of the Diatas and its companions). So apologies if I did and I kind of changed my post a little as to not be too blatant.

Aaron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Aaron
    You have been busy ordering from the mansell's. The predator
    is a lovely plant and i hope you are going to post regular pictures of its progress?

Bye for now julian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does one go about buying a 'Predator'? Hamata x Truncata? You've got to be kidding me. That is just unbelievably brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, everybody. I just wanted to show you the ephippiata i got from a local importer and it looks healthy.

[img]http://home.**********.com/users/cpaddict/ephippiata3.jpg[/img]

Then, it makes me think of what kind of quarantine treatment your plants got Aaron!. The Mansell's predator is excellent. I bought one from them too. Good luck with your plants

James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Julian,
    Yes I really like what the Mansellís produce but I do buy from a range of local sources depending on who has what.

Leafedwellsofwater,
    PM me if you need the contact details for the comcerial grower of the N. predator.

James,
    Iím not sure where local is for you, but I did hear one of the US members mention that there are N. Predators available, or soon to be available, in the US. I just donít remember who said it.

Also, I know many of the lowlanders were lost while in quarantine. The plants I got were literally only out a few days before I got them. I feel that considering the tough time they have most likely been through, their overall condition is quite good. Now just a little TLC and time is needed.

Aaron.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast