What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just got these little beauties yesterday.

They were imported from one of the main OS growers by a local Nepster and have just come out from several months in quarantine.

These shots were taken as each was potted up so they've not been watered in or cleaned of potting media.

N. ramispina
RamispinaSide.jpg

N. ephippiata
EphippiataSide.jpg

N. diatas - Meadow form
DiatasSide.jpg

N. burbidgeae
BurbidgeaeSide.jpg

N. spathulata
SpathulataSide.jpg

N. fusca - Sarawak red/orange form
FuscaSarawakSide.jpg

N. fusca pitcher
FuscaSarawakPitcher.jpg

For a sense of size the first x3 are in 10cm (4") pots and the last x3 in 15cm (6") pots.

Aaron.

Nice Aaron. I've been eying a N. ramispina too. Let us know how they grow for you!

Capslock

Nice ramispina, i also grow this Species out doors it does great for me it seems to really enjoy the morning fog from the beach. Good luck

Electric Carnivores!

Thanks Guys.

Ramispina is supposed to be an easy care and fast growing highlander, so I'm hoping that'll hold true in this case.

Will let you know in a few months
smile_m_32.gif

Aaron.

Lovely! I like N.fusca!
smile.gif

Dino
smile_m_32.gif

Like Starman says - Lovely! Since I haven't heard of any 'cept N. ephippiata and N.fusca, I'll just stare...
smile_n_32.gif

I noticed one looks a little etiolated...did you say they were quarantined for several months?

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Aaron
They look nice and healthy,There is something rewarding i find about potting up newly arrived Neps.
I to shall be potting up some new arrivals at the end of the month.
N x Bongso
N x Sibuyanensis
N x Ramispina
Last but not least N x Platychila

Bye for now Julian

Hi julian, I'm sure you mean those names to be like this

N .Bongso
N. Sibuyanensis
N. Ramispina
N. Platychila

rahter than with the "x" right?

BTW, lovely plants!
smile.gif

Thanks everyone.

Dino,
Fusca is a funny one for me.  I actually find it quite slow growing.  No idea why.  However, I do love the look of the pitchers on this Sarawak form.

Joe,
Had to look up etiolated
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]developed without chlorophyll by being deprived of light; "etiolated celery"

You thinks so?  Which one as I can't see it?

Other than the Ephippiata having one yellowing leaf, that will most likely die off and is normal anyway, they all look in OK condition with average/good leaf colouration to me.  Sure, there is room for improvement but they have most likely been through a pretty tough time given that the Q facilities wouldn't be set up 'specifically' for Neps.  

I'd imagaine they would just have a glasshouse/s for ALL tropical plants.  I do know that quite a few of the L/L plants were lost in quarantine where as the H/L came through quite well.

They have all been in quarantine together for somewhere around 2-3 months and by the looks of the white residue, treated with something.  

Julian,
Don't we all love getting a box of new Neps (I have another due this week and one next week).  However, what I like even more than potting up the new plants, is when the new plants form their first new leaf and first new pitcher once in my care.  It's like a confirmation you're on track for that plant.

Aaron.

I shouldnt be looking at this. Neps are waaaaaaaaaayyyyy out of reach for my experience level.

Hi
Dustin>Yes you are rightand my wrtists have now been slapped.
Aaron>Yes it is reasuring when they open there first pitcher,at least you know it going in the right direction.

Bye for now Julian

Aaron,

The diatas "Meadow Form". It looks viney already, which it may be.

Julian,

Where do you get N. platychila? Not that I grow highlanders with much success at the moment, but I am just curious.

Cheers,

Joe

Wasn't N. platychila renamed from N. kuratae?

Hi
Joe=Im getting it from Simon Lumb who is getting it from Rob Of Borneo exotics at the end of the month,its a 2cm seedling.
Dustin=Ive never heard of Kuratae before so who knows?Im looking forward to giving it a good home though
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

Finch, not so! There are several easy beginner neps out there. Get your hands on a N. x 'Ventrata.' They're really forgiving of newbie mistakes.

Um, why dont they consider fusca sarrawak to be N. faizaliana? I mean, it really doesnt even look like a fusca? Kinda makes me angry
biggrin.gif

I think N. faizaliana is quite different from N. fusca 'sarawak'. Not really sure where you are getting N. fusca looks like N. faizaliana.

Dustin,
I received a fusca sarawak labeled as faisaliana, so LOL is probably a vicitim of the same injustice.

finch my first cp was a nep, 'Miranda' to be exact. i got it last october as a sickly looking abused plant with no pitchers, now it has not one but TWO flower stalks and has 8 inch plus pitchers. they are easier than some CPs since you dont have to worry about dormancy.

Rattler

Back