What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N khasiana

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I read in the Svage Garden that N. khasiana is an Appendix 1 species. I can understand that because that is one of the neps that I am wanting. Does anyone know of anybody that sells them in North Carolina(here we have many cps and no retailers other than Wal-mart and Lowes
confused.gif
).

Thanks,
Wes

well, I don't know of anyone that stocks them regularly, but I saw some for sale at UNCC. I got my mixta x khansiana there, along with a large alata. There between 5-10 dollars a piece. I didn't know it was appendix one...

Thanks,
Craig

Yea, I never thought they were, but I just looked for the sake of looking. Thanks for the help. I doubt that I will be around UNCC, for a while, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out. Thanks for the help.

LAter,
Wes

N. khasiana is Appendix 1 because it is endangered in it's native Khasi Highlands range in India.

The Appendix I rank applies to CITES which regulates international traffic only. It is perfectly fine to buy and sell these plants within the borders of a country.

N. khasiana is a bit of a bugger to start from cuttings and while available from overseas suppliers is probably not given as much attention because of it's fairly common status here in the US. I just added some to my pricelist since there seem to be people looking for them as you noted.
Tony

i have a cutting of khasiana x Mixta thanks to Craig and with some luck will have some seeds from a khasiana x Miranda. im interested in seeing just how much of a differance the extra bit of maxima in the Miranda will have on the cross.

Rattler

Yeah, khansiana's a great plant. I would try getting one from pitcherplant.com- expensive plants, but worth it. All of mine have been full grown, with quite a few pitchers on them. I got my first plants there, and it spoiled me!
rattler- How's the cutting coming? Hasn't died yet, has it? Yours is doing great! Looks like it'll have roots soon!

Thanks,
Craig

Thanks you guys, I'll be happy to know that they are legal in the States.

so far so good. the leaves are still healthy looking. several of the neps i have were just cuttings when i got them so i have some experiance with them. my only concern is that khansiana is supposed to be darn near impossible to start from cuttings. hopefully that didnt carry over to this hybrid.

Rattler

Back