Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics from borneo exotics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Marcello,

many thanks for sharing your story and the very impressive pictures!

Cheers Joachim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] wow I thought that was specs website for a second looks the same

you're pretty lucky [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] thanks for showing us your website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Marcello
    You are a very lucky man indeed.I loved the write up and the pictures were fantastic. The Highland Truncata's are amazing,ive never seen anything like it. Nice job.

Bye for now (an envious) julian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pics were very nice indeed.
    I noticed the N. albomarginata were both in the highland and lowland nursery. AKAIK, the only person I know that has noticed anything about that species liking cooler temps, would be....Jeff (neps). He will have to help me out on that to see if I am pulling this out of somewhere or dead wrong. I thought I remebered it from a visit to his place.....

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my N. albomarginata out in the main greenhouse. They manage ok during the colder 'more highland' like Winter months but they do noticeably better during the warmer Spring and Summer.
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Marcello,

Great report and fantastic pictures of of the plants growing at Borneo Exotics too. It was nice meeting up with Rob and yourself in Lyon, say hello to all your crazy, AIPCS (Italian CP Society) friends from me! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Note: The AICPS is the only national CP organisation which sings in unison in the street!

I noticed that the only pictures of the three main people involved in your report, where hands holding pitchers! So here's a not very good one of Marcello, Rob (the two on the left) and Diana (lurking at the back) at the ICPS Conference last month.

Tony,

What sort of minimum temperatures do your N. albomarginata cope with in winter? I've noticed that BE have clones of both lowland and intermediate forms of this wonderful Nep, and am very tempted to try an intermediate one in with my highlands (min. temp. 10C)

Cheers

Vic
    They say that money talks, but all it ever says to me is goodbye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Joe and Tony,
    The 'rubra' albomarginata seems to prefer more intermediate conditions. I believe this is the Penang red form. Ours is not happy with the summer conditions right now here in south Florida.
    I noticed Rob grows his lowland veitchii at his highland nursery. Our veitchiis are loving the Florida summer. Our large plant has six beautiful pitchers on it now!
    If Marcello should see this post, I would love to know how BE. grows its northianas.
    Fantastic pictures, Marcello!

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay more pics!

Vic- I have a variety of N. albomarginata (5 off the top of my head) Actually kinda funny my conditions.. Winter has warmer nights but cooler days than Summer. During the Winter days run 75 (warmer if the sun is out but that is not a frequent occurance), nights 62 or so although different parts of the greenhouse can vary considerably I try and keep the N. albomarginata in the warmer areas. Summer days 85-88 with nights whatever it gets to outside.. On average that is the high 50s but can vary as low as low 50s to mid 60s. I think the key here is that the cold night temperatures are not such a big deal as long as the days are nice and warm.

Trent - That could be the issue with your N. albomarginata.. not cool enough at night which would sure indicate more of an intermediate tendancy. As for N. veitchii I have a number of these and they sure like my Spring/Summer much much more than Winter.. I have some 'highland' plants that got injured during the Winter from cold temps and the 'lowland' form just kinda sits there and looks lousy during the Winter as well. My interpretation is N. veitchii, regardless of type, is happy with warm days and cool but not cold nights.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast