What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of my collection

lol

BANNED
Follow this link to my yahoo photo album. There are over 70 photos, although some are duplicates...

My Webpage

Hope you enjoy
biggrin.gif
!

I don't see any there. EDIT: now I can!

nice plants, now you need to go in and change the names and identify them
smile_m_32.gif

Rattler

Ok, just added descriptions to 2004 photos.  You should be able to click the pics and see it.  I think you can also view a slide show of all of them by clicking the link at the top.

edit: ok, descriptions dont start on the slideshow till about pic 30. You can skip the unnamed ones if you wish. I'll go back and change it today.

is bongso difficult? it and ovata and hybrids with the two have really caught my eye but so far i have only grown lowland species other than x ventrata and x Miranda. do they tolerate night time temps of around 65-70 or do they need to go all the way down to 50? Wistuba has some ventricosa x ovata that have really caught my eye but i have no more room for neps till i get off my rear and build my new grow chamber.

Rattler

Bongso is pretty easy once it adjusts. It has been growing in various conditions lately. It was growing outside, but temps in the high 90's forced me to move the plants into my less extreme, forceably lowland chamber. High 60's are just fine for this plant
biggrin.gif

kewl i may have to get one when i have the room. your ventricosa x spectiblis looks quite abit like my Miranda which i thought was funny, there are some noticible differences but not much......that truncata is HUGE!............great plants, well worth the time to thumb through the album.

Rattler

Very nice. I like your chamber there. So many beautiful plants! I love the larger nepenthes. DSC01698 was pretty cool

Thanks,
Craig

wow.. your chamber is HUGE! what kind of lights do you have on it?

it's really killer!

It looks like.....you have your chamber in front of a window and supplement with four tubes(shop lights) on top, is that right?

Joe

Yes, it's a 60" by 60" by 30" chamber. The actual growing space I use is 60 by 45 by 30. It's infront of a window, with 4 daylight tubes ontop, closest to the window, and on the oposite side, on oposite corners are the 125 watt cf's, two total. The truncata I got in a trade was growing on the green side, and after a little time in this setup, it has started getting much more color, ie red on the leaves and pitchers. The only bad thing about it is the occasion boon in the insect population in my room, and the fact that I can only maintain a minimum 70F lowland conditions. This is with my air conditioner running. It should get cooler during the winter though, if I open those windows. Any other good methods of cooling a chamber like this?

Back