What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes help identify

Hi Just bought two Nepenthes from SuperStore in Canada were we live for a good price $20.00 Cd. Just want to make sure of there names and any special care needed for then.l
Thanks ahead of time!

AlataNepHB1.jpg

Nepenthes Alata
AlataNepHB2.jpg

Nepenthes Alata
CoccineaNep.jpg

Nepenthes Coccinea
CoccineaNepHB1.jpg

Nepenthes Coccinea
CoccineaNepHB2.jpg

Nepenthes Coccinea
CoccineaNepHB3.jpg

Nepenthes Coccinea

the first is a ventrata.

In a perfect world, many of us would contact Mr. DeGroot at his Dutch nursery and say, "Look, this is ventrata: Change that tag!" But this is not a perfect world.

Joe

HAHA!

That tag has been mislabelled for about 20 years now!

The N. ventrata is just about bomb proof. Lots of bright light and keep it moist. It can handle a wide fluctuation in temperature. The N. coccinea likes it again.. bright with lots of moisture but prefers to say on the warm side.

Tony

I understand they have some new Nepenthes soon to be released into the market.
Trent

Maybe they have a lowland form of N. edwardsiana that looks like a green form of gracilis.......
smile_n_32.gif

Joe

Trent,

Do you have an idea of what? All kidding a side, what they do put out are some fine , huge plants at a reasonable price.

Joe

I pleaded with their head grower to tell me what was new, but he would not divulge. He's really not a Nepenthes guy, and is more of a greenhouse manager. I requested to be informed of anything new as soon as they knew about it.
A few years ago I was at their place going throught the Nepenthes greenhouse and one of the growers asked me to identify something strange happening to some of their plants. As I was lead through the rows of Neps, I was asked to let them know if what I was about to see was good or bad, because they had never seen anything like it before. It turned out to be a group of Mirandas all in early stages of flowering!

Trent

Hi all:

Hey Griffin, i can grow Edwardsiana in lowland conditions, at least for a while until it drops dead on ya!

BTW, is there life beyond ventratas, coccineas, mirandas, and judith finns?. I hope there is

Gus
smile_n_32.gif

Thats what I thought so I grabed 4 of them.
TOO BAD THEY DON,T KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THEM!

Back