Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of quick pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I got a nice upper on my N. thorelli x aristolochioides! I love the way it grabbed my N. x Rokko next to it:

Also, here's a follow up on my N. hirsuta x veitchii. Here's the monster upper that opened a week ago (I posted a lower pitcher then). It's an honest 9.5 inches from bottom to the base of the lid. My biggest pitcher yet! Consider that I have big fat hands (I'm 6'2" and 210lbs). This is a great windowsill plant, just as robust as can be.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful plants, Capslock! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Growlist

We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.
    - G.K. Chesterton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, those are both superb.

Could you show a picture of the whole window? I have some neps growing in my window, and I would like to see how you do it.

-Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are very nice!

It's always cool to see other poeples aristo x thor! It seems like there are very few people growing this one and it has such great pitchers. Mine is making uppers and they're still much more bulbous at the top than yours appears in the picture.
    How long has yours been making uppers? Did they get thinner after some time of making uppers? Perhaps the difference is due to the different genetics of the seed they're started from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice stuff Caps!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What conditions do you have your thorelli x aristolochioides grwoing in, Capslock?
    Growlist

We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.
    - G.K. Chesterton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben, here's a pic of the whole window. My plant lives with a N. ventricosa red in the same pot. I supplement the meager sunlight they get with a desklamp with a regular compact fluorescent bulb, and since the vine has grown so far, I put another basic shoplamp up top:

Josh, I've been watching your plant, too. In fact, I bought mine after thinking yours was so cool. This is my first upper, and it's actuallly even a little thinner than the picture indicates. Probably just normal variation. Anyway, I agree it has great pitchers and is a great grower.

elarwhis, I grow mine in my living room, where it gets intermediate/highland conditions. It's under a compact fluorescent lamp, the envirolight type. It seems to be an easy grower.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should add your location Capslock! Your in about one of the best places in the US for growing highland/intermediate Nepenthes as houseplants [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

They are looking mighty fine btw. As far as the N. thorelii x aristolochioides only 12 seed grown plants came into the US. 9 have been distributed. As seedlings they were all very pretty with some minor variation in color, pitcher shape etc.

Tony

Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast