What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thrips

• Thread starter lol
  • Start date

lol

BANNED
Yea, I got thrips, and its startin to get ugly, literrally. Please, tell me what I need to kill theese things
smile_h_32.gif

Hey Lol, what plants are they in? I've done the drown 'em thing with some plants, and that worked pretty well. I just submerged the whole pot in water for a day. Also, I swished it around every couple of hours to try and limit the air bubbles they might live on in the soil.

I don't know how most neps would respond to such treatment, though.

ever month i flood the soil in my terr. (it's 6 inches deep but on a slope) all the way up to the top of the soil in an attempt to purge the soil if any chemicals, fertilizers that might have dripped off the neps, or any minerals that might have built up. i leave it for a day-half a day and then siphon it all out and the neps, and everything else, are fine.

The only thrip problem I've had was on orchids and I took care of them with Neem. I sprayed once per week for four weeks.

Yea, it's on my Neps. It's on my huge truncata, and a rafflesiana giant so far, so... I think soaking the whole plant is kinda impossible. What are some of the least damaging sprays you guys know? Thanks.

Use Orthene (ISOTOX) does not harm Nepenthes and is systemic, very very good for thrips.

Be very careful with it though because orthene is one of the realy dangerous pesticides.

Back