What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungi? virus?

if that is the wronge kind of worst feel free to tell me the correct... okay main post

Ahhhhhh!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Panic, JK ;) but I do need to adress this issue. Anyone seen this before and if so what course of action do you recomend I take? I am sure that whatever is needed someone at the gardens will be able to do it once we know what to do
smile.gif

I'm all alone in the CP area at the miejer gardens while Steve L. is on vaccation and I have something that looks freakeshly like a fungi or viral infection all over them!!!!!!!! :p The bical X raff. is all yellow and totally coverd with funny rust colored spots that are ringed in more of the rust color!link to picture
Picture.jpg

44 views and no one know what this is or what to do? :p not lookinging real good to me. I guess this is where I start talking to god, lol. Man I hope the worst plant doesn't die, it's so cool, like a purple spotted bical

Hi Darcie,
I'd respond but I've never seen anything like that. It doesn't look too good though!
Capslock

Well I am pondering..

I am not a plant pathologist. The darker centers indicate to me some sort of infection.. probably fungal. On the other hand I have seen N. bical. and it's hybrids do some weird stuff when they got too cold or were unhappy with a radical shift in the environment. If you have a good systemic fungicide like Clearys it wouldn't hurt to give them a spray.

T

Hi Darcie,

My advice is to quarenteen the plants with these symptoms (if possible). Steve can decide what to do from there. Most likely it can be spread by leaf sucking insects. I was at the gardens the Friday before Steve left for vacation and he mentioned he was having a mealy bug outbreak.

I am sure some of the other people there can give you some good advice.

Good Luck
Glenn

Really, well shoot, sorry I missed you Glenn... The mealy outbreak is in the other greenhouse, although we have been having insect problems all over the place lately. I'll see if I can get an area cleared away for the ill looking plants. Thanks for your imput everyone, even knowing that it isn't something seen before helps because it could just be something weird with the plant that for some reason I never knowtested before.

Darcie,
I must agree with Tony. I've seen similar patterns on the older leaves of bicalcarata when the leaves were wet and temperatures drop suddenly down below 60 F. Drench the pot with a systemic fungicide and hope for the best.

Trent

I was thinking it might have been water spot fungi. Thanks trent.

Ok,sorry but I have to say this. Could it be because the leafs on a stove top Lol.? Sorry to hear about the sick plants:( .

Noah.

Bad noah! bonk!
smile_n_32.gif

Darcie, the oldest leaf on my amp looks like that....Is that just the oldest leaf, or is the whole plant affected?

But seriousley did anybody else notice that?

Back