What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventricosa seed head

These are my first seeds from a Nepenthes. It is a cross between red and green pitchering ventricosa. Mama is the green pitcher.
Are most green pitchering vents female? And vice versa?
How lucky can I get to have two different genders of the same species and have them flower at the same time? Probably natural for them to flower at the same time in the same environment, but none of my other neps were flowering.
How soon till these are ripe? I took this picture July 24. I think its been almost two months now, so one more month to go.
Anybody know what to expect as far as pitcher color in offspring?
Mama has stopped pitchering, but dad continues to put them out, (why would he care). Is this normal?

398Nep_seeds.jpg

All I see is a Gardenweb Icon
confused.gif

Sorry about that. It worked when I first put it in. I guess I need to get my own page to post my pictures. Apparently GW blocks you from linking directly to their picture database. This link points to my post on GW, (before I found TF), but it seems like there are more experts here. I hope this works better.

I think it's rather nice...Good Going!

Joe

Looks like your going to have plenty of seed there.

Bye for now Julian

Back