What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of new pitchers

Not that any of these are not overly unusual, but I find they all have very nice preistomes... and I got a little creative with the editing
smile_m_32.gif

N. eymae x veitchii - The peristome will turn very dark red/brown over the next few weeks but I wanted to capture it at this early stage with just the slight red hue.
NeymaeXeitchiiArt.jpg

N. maxima - This is an all green form.  These pitchers ooze copious amounts of syrup during the day and this latest pitcher is up around the 25-30cm mark (10-12")
Nmaxima.jpg

N. truncata - Again, the peristome will get quite brown with time.
NtruncataArt.jpg

Note, colour of the maxima is much more yellow than actual.  I was playing around with no flash and only using a hand-held torch for lighting.  3 second exposure and moving the torch rapidly over the pitcher.  The hybrid is flash only and truncata a mix of flash and torch.

Aaron.

Wow, awesome stuff there, I espscially dig the all-green Maxima!

/Quensel

Hi Aaron
Wow they look amazing,if you get 12 different pictures you could make a carnivorous calendar??Hmmm got me thinking now?

Bye for now Julian

Yeah that's not bad...CP Calender.

By the way Aaron, nice plants. The N. eayame x veitchii looks awesome.

Wow! Nice looking plants! I love anything with eymae. Great photos, too!

Capslock

Nice looking plants and great PS work.

Thanks everyone.

Julian, with my girlfriend looking on as I did them, her first thought was calendar or postcards. Just a shame we are not a mainstream hobby or there might have been some $$$ in the hobby!

Eplants/Caps, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing some uppers one day. At this early stage it is quite a nice mix with the Eymae colouration but Veitchii peristome, so I only hope the uppers have the eymae shape and keep the large peristome.  Sure would be bazaar looking.

Aaron.

Very nice! Gotta love the N. eymae x veitchii!

Couple more:

N. rafflesiana 'White' - This plant has taken ages to settle in but this is the first pitcher to form.  New bigger one on the way.
NRafflesianaWhitePitcher.jpg

N. ampullaria 'Spotted' - New addition.  This is cutting but the pitcher is from a basal shoot.  It's about 1" (25mm) tall.
NAmpullariaSpottedPitcher.jpg

Aaron.

What amkes a raff "white" mine is much whiter and its only the pft clone!
N.raflessiana2.JPG

You got me PB.

The White Raff of mine came with a single pitcher on it. It was the same as yours. Now this new pitcher I have is as you see, with pink in it.

Maybe its the light levels as the plant itself has coloured up quite a bit as I have quite high light levels in the glasshouse.

As a side note... not warranting it's own post here but as I only hang around this Neps forum, I threw a few pictures of myself in the General forum on that large photo thread. So if you want to put a face to the name, as I have enjoyed with some of you, go have a peek.

Aaron.

Back