User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 'wavy' or undulating leaves...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have this one nep hybrid that Im trying to ID, and have been since I first got it.

I think i read somewhere that if the leaves are 'wavy' or undulating, it means that the plant either is a certain species, or has that species in its parentage.

Does anyone recignize this?

The name tag says 'Nepenthus Hybride' and it's grown (I think, says so on the tag), by a company named 'Floramedia'.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks /Quensel
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm Well N. maxima and N. veitchii come to mind as the most likely species to have wavy leaves. Unfortunately there are dozen and dozens and dozens of hybrids that have either one of these species or both somewhere in the background.

If you want help on ID then you need several photos of the plant and the pitchers posted, so we can have a look. Even then it might be difficult...

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted pics a while ago, I guess Ill bump the post to see if anyone missed it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...