What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. tobaica basal shoot

i just got a n. tobaica from petflytrap that has a basal shoot that has several pitchers already. when can the basal shoot be removed? should i wait and let the plant recover from the transportation shock before i remove it or just go ahead and remove it?

Leave them on there, let them grow.

It won't affect the plant in any way. Just would make the plant look healthier and bushy. (I mean u can't say no to a bushy plant filled with pitchers, right)

I would let the basal shoots grow too. I have one starting to bloom with a 2 foot climbing stem and 5 basal shoots. I like the basal pitchers better. They are bigger and darker and I like the "bush" with everything from 1/2" pitchers to 5" pitchers. I think I would remove the climbing stem before I remove any of the basals.

Isn`t the plant pft sells as tobaica realy a hybrid?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Aug. 09 2004,9:27)]Isn`t the plant pft sells as tobaica realy a hybrid?
huh?

Whats going on

Ill make another thread,

sorry cant delete this reply

basal shoots...um, the plant puts off a leaf off the bottom of the plant that starts to pitcher right? sorry, not the biggest of nep guys here. IF it isn't this, what is what I described? I have this happening on several of my neps...

Back