What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kitchen neps

Hi
Here are a few of my kitchen/bathroom windowsill lowland Neps.

N.%20campanulata%20x%20veitchii.jpg

N. campanulata x veitchii

N.%20rafflesiana1.jpg

N. rafflesiana

N.%20distillatoria.jpg

N. distillatoria

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wb.sher....lis.jpg

N. gracilis

N.%20bicalcurata1.jpg

N. bicalcurata

cheers

bill

I am digging that N. rafflesiana
biggrin.gif

Yah, I love that lid on your rafflesiana.

Great looking plants. Gotta love the raff!
cool.gif

i LOVE campulata x veitchii! how large does the plant get?
the bical is fabulous,too

Great plants! I realy like that N. rafflesiana are you growing them in pure Lfs?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 08 2004,7:24)]i LOVE campulata x veitchii! how large does the plant get?
the bical is fabulous,too
Thanks for words!
I am not sure how big the campulata x veitchii will get yet. Though it has already doubled in size since I got it in March. As it matures it will interesting to see what characteristics of each plant show through..
smile.gif

cheers

bill

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Aug. 09 2004,9:16)]Great plants! I realy like that N. rafflesiana  are you growing them in pure Lfs?
Hi
Good to hear from you. I hope you are feeling a lot better.
I grow most of my Neps in a combination of LFS and clay pellets to aid drainage. So far this has worked better than any other compost I have used.

cheers

bill

Hi all:

I love your plants. They are very nice and well kept.
the only comment i'd like to make is about your campanulata X veitchii (it looks like the campanulata got the best on that particular plant). Perhaps upper pitchers may show some veitchii traits.

Gus

Gus, my N. hirsuta x veitchii is the same way. The lowers have a lot more hirsuta (albeit giant hirsuta), but the uppers are distinctly veitchii. Is there rhyme or reason to which characteristics are kept in hybrid neps?

Capslock

It appears from the one photo that you are keeping them "open tray." Is that correct?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 11 2004,3:57)]It appears from the one photo that you are keeping them "open tray." Is that correct?
I actually moved the plants outside to photograph them. In situ they are standing on upturned pots above a saucer each. This both collects any run threw from being watered and also provides a bit of humidity. Apart from that there is no additional humidity about and beyond what I get normally in my kitchen or bathroom. I don't mist the plants.

cheers

bill

I really like that distill. its awesome I've never seen one so tubby!

Back